• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No ******* way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ******* way

Had a telephone interview last week. Second interview lined up for this Friday. It's one of those messy ones where it's through an agency, then a consultancy then the end client.

Rates around 50 poundaday less than normal, but is a nice long one.

Friday was supposed to be second interview with consultancy and a chance to meet end client.

They tried to push it back to Monday, but I am in Germany, and already told them this. Wrap it up this week or not at all.

So they reschedule for this morning, 8am. I went along. Nice enough bunch, quite a pleasant interviewing style.

Then they say I can't meet the end client today, and I'll have feedback by the end of the week.

The pimp just calls and tells me I'm onto the next stage.

What, you mean making a formal offer?

No, you have to go and see the end client after you get back from Germany, and there's only you and one guy in it.

Dude, there's only one guy now as I don't do third interview, I'm a contractor FFS. Either the consultancy has the right to put in their staff, or they are ******* up the contract management side of things and are client cos bitches.

What's wrong with these people? No fooking mention of a third stage when they organised the second stage interview.

Timewasters
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

so what you gonna do....?
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Even suity can't afford to work for £25 pd.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          Either he's withdrawn from the role, or is all mouth and no trousers and comes bleating on here before backing down and doing a meeting with the client.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Wrap it up this week or not at all.
          Dude, there's only one guy now as I don't do third interview
          Which do you think it will be?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Either he's withdrawn from the role, or is all mouth and no trousers and comes bleating on here before backing down and doing a meeting with the client.

Which do you think it will be?

<cough>bollocks</cough>

Comment

If you're back in the right country why wouldn't you go?

If I were running a company using a consultancy, I would damn well make sure I had final veto on anyone they want to put on site. Having people you haven't a clue about working on stuff is a recipe for disaster, that's half the problem with using Bobs.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If you're back in the right country why wouldn't you go?

If I were running a company using a consultancy, I would damn well make sure I had final veto on anyone they want to put on site. Having people you haven't a clue about working on stuff is a recipe for disaster, that's half the problem with using Bobs.
                Did you read my post?

I have to go back to Germany.

Comment

I read it. It wasn't clear. It still isn't clear if you're currently in Germany or have already returned, and if the gig is in Germany or the UK. I didn't ask the question for fun...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I read it. It wasn't clear. It still isn't clear if you're currently in Germany or have already returned, and if the gig is in Germany or the UK. I didn't ask the question for fun...

The post is clear, you are just cabbage brained.

I am in the uk this week, hence "wrap it up this week".
                    Next week I am in Germany. Then back to the uk for good.

So they want me to go for a third interview week after next. And the money aint great.

My point being they are being cheeky. Contractor markets move fast. If you find someone, you hire them.

If I am being treated like some permie biatch at interview stage it's time to say

Comment

Working...
                    X