• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men only golf courses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men only golf courses

Bunch of women on the TV there talking about men only courses and demonstrating exactly why they exist.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Bunch of women on the TV there talking about men only courses and demonstrating exactly why they exist.
    Maybe they could establish a Women only club
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

To be fair the women on TV who do the moaning about something like golf aren't the type who are likely to participate in it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Surely they must allow women? Who does the washing up?

Comment

I like to do number twos, especially after Guinness and curry, in the holes on (posh, members only) golf courses and then watch from a distance ( Will miss this one though)
          Last edited by darmstadt; 17 July 2013, 18:01.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

same reason there are women only gyms and women only swimming nights its because people are willing to arrange and pay for them.

Look forward to one of the clubs saying something like that!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              same reason there are women only gyms and women only swimming nights its because people are willing to arrange and pay for them.

Look forward to one of the clubs saying something like that!

So men want men's only golf courses to be able to play without women perving at them?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                So men want men's only golf courses to stop women perving at them?
                yep. Or at least women throwing up having seen my wobbly bits (there are quite a few).

The point I was trying to make is there is a market for privately funded men only clubs. Yet some use equality legislation to complain then demand co funded facilities and make them exclusively female. I have no problem with a privately funded club or resource being women only but when the council gym or pool has women only days I object unless they are equal with a men only night.

If someone wants to found a women only golf course funded by members then I'm all for it, assuming they aren't discriminatory in employment etc there.

There are women only Gyms funded privately by women. However if there were a Gym that refused access to women they would have women outside with placards.

A council subsidised golf course being men only is quite obviously wrong.

They need to either outlaw discrimination and stick to it completely or permit it with reasonable rules.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog

Comment

knew I had seen it somewhere:

Peter Lloyd: 'Why I'm suing my gym over their sexist women-only hours' | Mail Online

like his point about excluding lesbians. Makes the objections seem as pathetic as they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X