• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did they fill the skate park with water?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did they fill the skate park with water?

Teenagers fall sick after swimming in makeshift pool they created by filling SKATE PARK with river water | Mail Online

talks about teenagers in Yorkshire going swimming in a makeshift swimming pool formed by filling a skate park with water from a local river.

It looks 'orrible and murky. Still I suppose it's grim oop north, so they'll emerge only as dirty as when they went in..

<awaits torrent of abuse>

My question is how did they get the river water into the pool? Nobody in the article or comments has suggested a method..

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    My question is how did they get the river water into the pool? Nobody in the article or comments has suggested a method..
    The article states the water was from the nearby river & pumped..

A pump & some hose is easily available.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      The article states the water was from the nearby river & pumped..

A pump & some hose is easily available.
      It might be easily available for you - I bet you have both in your wardrobe for Saturday night.

Comment

Why didn't they just swim in the river?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          It might be easily available for you - I bet you have both in your wardrobe for Saturday night.
          Yes I have a water pump & hose in the hose, but it is only a little one for the water bed so filling a skate park would take a while
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Yes I have a water pump & hose in the hose, but it is only a little one for BGG so filling a skate park would take a while
            FTFY

Comment

Actually rather enterprising of them although you wouldn't get me in there.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X