• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The British Police are the best in the world?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The British Police are the best in the world?

Forensic science graduate has been stopped 70 TIMES by police 'after splitting from her PC lover' | Mail Online

Katie Bowman, who has never been convicted of a crime, claims police interest in her – which saw her stopped 70 times for suspected offences ranging from drink-driving to assault – meant she could ‘barely leave the house’.

The 24-year-old alleges she was targeted over 28 months by Thames Valley Police officers from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, after splitting from Alexander Ash.

Miss Bowman says that despite never securing a conviction against her, the force has kept damaging intelligence reports on her which are stopping her getting a job.
    says she was breathtested 70 times – 54 in one year from September 2007. Each time the result was negative.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

All the jobs she has lost, and have been unable to get (as a result of her police record) are public sector jobs.
    So she should go private, as most of us here have done. It'll do her (as it has done us) the world of good..

Comment

Since Dixon of Dock Green retired the police have gone downhill. They used to uphold the law - now they are the law.

I was watching some police programme on Dave last night - police get 5 credits for each ticket they hand out and have to earn 300 credits a month. No discretion. Which might be just as well as they are so thick.

My son wants to join police. I keep telling him to join the army. The army are loved universally (exception of Zoiderman). The police are detested universally.

Personally I would remove all armed police(replace with army) and split police into patrols, investigations and traffic. At least then people might see patrols as people who are there to defend them and be on their side if they are law abiding.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        All the jobs she has lost, and have been unable to get (as a result of her police record) are public sector jobs.
        So she should go private, as most of us here have done. It'll do her (as it has done us) the world of good..
        She has a degree in Forensic science unless Sherlock Holmes is hiring she is pretty much restricted to government employ.

Not quite sure 'get over it' is an appropriate reaction for quite obvious abuse of power that should result in some dismissals.

Comment

Would Mitch?

Comment

more info

Police ex-lover said he could make my life hell, says 'harassed' graduate Katie Bowman | Mail Online

Miss Bowman claims the pair met in 2007 when she was 18 and lived in Marlow, and had gone into High Wycombe police station to report damage to her car.

‘Later that night he took my number off the statement paper and texted me his personal number and invited me out for a ride along with him,’ she said in a radio interview. ‘We started texting and it went from there really and we became together.’

She said that after ending the relationship she made a complaint to the professional standards department about how he first made contact with her.
            Gross Misconduct?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Would Mitch?
              3 pints.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                3 pints.
                I'm not sure she can drink that much in one go.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Would Mitch?
                  I'd happily truncheon her
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Seems to me we haven't heard the full story yet
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X