• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad RC Skillz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad RC Skillz

Guy shows off his insane RC Helicopter skills (Video) : theCHIVE
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Something doesn't seem right to me - when it has the tail pointing at the ground and when it's upside down, it still hovers. How?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about the most Hail Marys done in a day

Comment

Holy smokes that's awesome.

I can see sales of RC helicopters going through the roof after people watch that and try to replicate. And sales of superglue also rising, when said people smash their helicopters to peices....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Something doesn't seem right to me - when it has the tail pointing at the ground and when it's upside down, it still hovers. How?
          Why is everyone so cynical theses days?? Believe me it is real!!

Its a '3D' variable pitch, the blade shape is uniform so they just 'flip' the pitch when inverted, there's loads of videos of '3D' flying so this isn't exactly new.

I've just never seen anyone quite as good at it as this guy.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by amoeba View Post
            Holy smokes that's awesome.

I can see sales of RC helicopters going through the roof after people watch that and try to replicate. And sales of superglue also rising, when said people smash their helicopters to peices....
            I have a fixed pitch single rotor chopper, just keeping it hovering within a 2m radius without smashing it into the ground is a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Why is everyone so cynical theses days?? Believe me it is real!!

Its a '3D' variable pitch, the blade shape is uniform so they just 'flip' the pitch when inverted, there's loads of videos of '3D' flying so this isn't exactly new.

I've just never seen anyone quite as good at it as this guy.
              No cynical, it just seemed contrary to how I understood a chopper works.

I've not come across what you talk about, is it basically meaning they can flip the blade angle backwards (sink rather than lift)?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                No cynical, it just seemed contrary to how I understood a chopper works.

I've not come across what you talk about, is it basically meaning they can flip the blade angle backwards (sink rather than lift)?
                Yep, I think the correct term is collective pitch.

I don't think it would work well with a full size chopper, nausea inducing I'd imagine!!

Comment

Make them harder to hit with RPGs though...

Comment

Working...
                  X