• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wonga Wonga Wonga - No Longer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonga Wonga Wonga - No Longer?

Papiss Cissé refuses to wear Newcastle's Wonga-branded shirt | Football | guardian.co.uk

Papiss Cissé has pulled out of Newcastle United's pre-season training camp in Portugal following a row over wearing the club sponsor Wonga's logo.

The striker, who is a devote Muslim, is refusing to promote the money-lending company on religious grounds and has offered to wear an unbranded shirt or one bearing the name of a charity.
    ignoring the appalling grammar / spelling from the qaulewty Nhewspaper quite interesting stand.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

KUATB

Originally posted by eek View Post
    or take exception to wearing a shirt with a sponsor in a particular industry. In that case I actually agree with the player but I'm just saving £45 by not getting this years shirt.
    I think its a continuation from January when he wanted to leave. However he does have a point and I'm not buying a shirt with wonga on it.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      KUATB

I think its a continuation from January when he wanted to leave. However he does have a point and I'm not buying a shirt with wonga on it.
      If you can't afford the shirt, have you considered a pay day loan?

Comment

I am upset they got rid of the puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I am upset they got rid of the puppets.
          outsourcing - innit

Thought first time I saw that, bet that is cheaper.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They seem to have loads of different completely unrelated marketing schemes, seems quite disorganised really. There is a brutal one that runs on local radio to the tune of lovely day by bill withers...

"when I wake up and I'm needing cash"

Comment

I'm quite surprised that other players from 'oop North' have not refused seeing as Wonga are a major financial contributor to the Conservatives :-)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Initial fine of £5,000, rising to £47,987,654,334 if he hasn't paid by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                  Initial fine of £5,000, rising to £47,987,654,334 if he hasn't paid by Friday.
                  Very good!!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wonder how much extra publicity wonga has got from this and if they are pleased?

Comment

Working...
                    X