• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and safety poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health and safety poll

Dad lets son play on 20 foot high scaffolding as he works on roof | The Sun |News
    Was it fook? It's like a playground for a ten year old!
    87.50%
    Of course. That's how Suity got vertigo!!
    12.50%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Well looking at that scaffold I would not go on it (missing hand rails / bracing / ladder gates / ties ) so no, sprog should not be up there.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

The andyw option has gone downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The andyw option has gone downhill.
        +1 No Andyw = no poll
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

He shouldn't have been up there, but an 80 hour community order seems like a bit of an overreaction.

If the kid was left unsupervised rather than at work with dad, he'd probably be up to far worse.

Can't vote, as the poll fails CUK regulations.

Comment

Given that its in Liverpool; it's probably the safest place for the kid
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I want to know why the kid is wearing padded jacket and gloves in this heatwave. More likely to die of hyperthermia.

Comment

I used to play on building sites when I was young, I remember one time, playing in a JCB without the engine running, pulling a lever and the bucket lowering on the front, nearly crapped myself, I must have been about 7.

The whole site was like Counterstrike for real, running around half built houses, piles of sand, bricks, dumper trucks, jcbs etc...

It's such a Nanny state these days.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 19 July 2013, 07:53.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

When I bought house in 1998 the JCB driver let a child have a drive. The child floored it and it headed towards an occupied house. Last moment the driver grabbed the wheel and ran over a sports car before embedding the JCB into the side of a transit.

It was fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I want to know why the kid is wearing padded jacket and gloves in this heatwave. More likely to die of hyperthermia.
                    Photo was taken in February – there is snow on the houses behind
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X