• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man overboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man overboard

I just got the full story of the contractor who left last week - I mentioned it in another thread.

The client wasn't happy with his level of knowledge, and called his agency saying that they were going to terminate his contract, citing certain parts of his CV that he seemed not really have experience of. Despite been asked not to, the agency (who are well-known for quite staggering incompetence), called the contractor (while he and his team mates were on a coffee break). The contractor went off to talk to his agent. Next thing, when everyone goes back to the office, the contractor has vanished, leaving behind his badge and client laptop.

All attempts to contact him failed.

Strange bloke. Also a tin-foil hat wearer, believing in all sorts of conspiracies, the deadly poisonous nature of all processed food etc.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Also a tin-foil hat wearer, believing in all sorts of conspiracies, the deadly poisonous nature of all processed food etc.
    Do you think the aliens got him?

Comment

We lost one guy yeaterday, and another is going early next week, not quite as severe as your guy's departure but as its two thirds of one projects dev team its gonna be fun
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Deffo sounds like he jumped before he was pushed. Probably not very nice for him being told he was no good by agency and client and took it personally by the sound. Instead finishing off a bad situation properly he just did one. Doesn't matter how crap you are and the reasons for getting binned just walking off is very very poor form. You can understand why he had the hump and it's a kick to the balls but still, abandoning ship isn't the done thing.

You think they are going to go for breach of just be glad he went?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Should I got put a place holder in the Accounting thread titled 'Agency not paying last invoice. What do I do' ?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Deffo sounds like he jumped before he was pushed. Probably not very nice for him being told he was no good by agency and client and took it personally by the sound. Instead finishing off a bad situation properly he just did one. Doesn't matter how crap you are and the reasons for getting binned just walking off is very very poor form. You can understand why he had the hump and it's a kick to the balls but still, abandoning ship isn't the done thing.

You think they are going to go for breach of just be glad he went?
            I have worked with a few chancers in my time, few realise that as a contractor you get found out very quickly, and you are shown the door even quicker!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              We lost one guy yeaterday, and another is going early next week, not quite as severe as your guy's departure but as its two thirds of one projects dev team its gonna be fun
              Shame about the uncancellable £60,000 software licence which has been bought for the guy going next week.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I just got the full story of the contractor who left last week - I mentioned it in another thread.

The client wasn't happy with his level of knowledge, and called his agency saying that they were going to terminate his contract, citing certain parts of his CV that he seemed not really have experience of. Despite been asked not to, the agency (who are well-known for quite staggering incompetence), called the contractor (while he and his team mates were on a coffee break). The contractor went off to talk to his agent. Next thing, when everyone goes back to the office, the contractor has vanished, leaving behind his badge and client laptop.

All attempts to contact him failed.

Strange bloke. Also a tin-foil hat wearer, believing in all sorts of conspiracies, the deadly poisonous nature of all processed food etc.
                ‘deadly poisonous nature of all processed food’ he may be right there

When I was young, the only food we could get was fresh. In the light of having acute gastro problems, bowel problems and unexplained weight gains I reverted back to fresh food only. Four weeks into it weight has dropped even though meal sizes are the same, other symptoms have disappeared.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Shame about the uncancellable £60,000 software licence which has been bought for the guy going next week.
                  Ouch! What was that for?!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Ouch! What was that for?!
                    Ask the environment manager?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X