• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not from the Mail, but it should be

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not from the Mail, but it should be

GHANIAN LOTTERY WINNER WHO CONTINUED TO SWINDLE BENEFITS

Linky

A lottery winner who fleeced taxpayers out of more than £50,000 in benefits during a nine-year con has today (Fri) walked free from court.

Thomas Sissala, 64, pocketed the housing and council tax hand-outs while he was earning around £16,000 a year working two jobs between 2002 and 2011.

The pensioner, who originally hails from Ghana, scooped £48,000 on the Irish Lottery in July 2008.

He boosted his coffers with a cleaning job with Samuel French, paying £470 a month, as well as a working in a school kitchen, with a salary of £11,000 which he did declare.
    Where are Margaret and Nick when you need them??
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

hopefully not paying cash in hand so someone can steal money from law abiding taxpayers.

The lotto money was just the icing on the cake.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Immigrant, lottery winner, benefits cheat. Ticks all the boxes.

Give the Hate Mail a call, get them foaming at the mouth and I'm sure they will pay you handsomely for the tipoff to this massive scoop. Hell they might even run it as an "Exclusive" on their front page.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

For me, show's initiative.

Good on 'im.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Linky

Ghanian? As in someone from Ghania? Isn't that where they have talking lions and ice queens and tulip like that? I'd be inclined to give the poor chap a break, no sensible judge would convict with those mitigating circumstances.

Unless you meant Ghanaian, in which case hanging's too for 'im.

Comment

Working...
          X