• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists....

Fecking menace, slowing the bus down making the bus lane pointless..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The cyclists

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Fecking menace, slowing the bus down making the bus lane pointless..
      Why has your chauffeur collected you on the bus?

Comment

As a cyclist myself I would point out that it for security is better tone next to the gutter and mot stranded mid stream at the mercies of the traffic.

That having said, if it is bus lane as per that picture or that film I always cycle on pavement where it is more secure

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Murphy View Post
          As a cyclist myself I would point out that it for security is better tone next to the gutter and mot stranded mid stream at the mercies of the traffic.

That having said, if it is bus lane as per that picture or that film I always cycle on pavement where it is more secure
          ...and illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I reckon bus lanes should be abolished with dedicated cycle lanes like we have here.

Pavement / cycle lane / road.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I saw a really nasty accident the other week. The cyclist was undertaking a cab between the curb and the near side of the cab when the passenger opened the door on the poor twat while he was at full speed.

On one hand I felt very sorry for the guy. He got nailed good and proper, and took the whole crash on his collar bone, however then I realised that the guy was actually going full pelt because he was about to jump the pedestrian traffic lights that the cab had stopped for... That cab driver is probably going to get screwed over this as it was his fares fault, but I cant say he was in the wrong...

Question to the cyclists: Where does the blame lie in this?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                I...

I think you will find that the same order of preference or pecking exists for the roads as the seaways where we say sail before steam.

That is to say:

Motor vehicle->cycle->pedestrian->ox

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Fully with the cyclist, imo.

Undertaking, no it's only ever overtaking. Should be made re-take the cycling proficiency test.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Fully with the cyclist, imo.

Undertaking, no it's only ever overtaking. Should be made re-take the cycling proficiency test.
                    On bikes, you are allowed to undertake, afaik.

I know overtaking a car, the duty on the car owner is to ensure he doesn't open the door onto a bike. I only know this as, as a kid, I was overtaking a parked car and he opened his door, to which I went ass over tit and broke various bones. 1978 and I received £600 odd in compensation.

Comment

Working...
                    X