• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hamsterjam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamsterjam

So it's my last week here in Guetersloh.

At the end of the week I am driving to Amsterdam to meet with my bessie who is flying in from Luton.

I would like to ask for sensible suggestions of what to do in Amsterdam for the weekend. Also is Brugge worth a look?

TIA

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So it's my last week here in Guetersloh.

At the end of the week I am driving to Amsterdam to meet with my bessie who is flying in from Luton.

I would like to ask for sensible suggestions of what to do in Amsterdam for the weekend. Also is Brugge worth a look?

TIA

Suity
    Try this
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Try this
      I have every faith in my little lady to get me home safe and sound, on her terms.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I have every faith in my little lady to get me home safe and sound, on her terms.
        You're riding SY02 all the way home?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There is a lot to do in Amsterdam, what sort of thing are you looking for?

I would recommend the Anne Frank house, and the Van Goph museum. The Begijnhof is worth a visit, not many people i know go there though. There are lots of museums, i went to a few (can't emember the names), the diamond museum is reasonably interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            There is a lot to do in Amsterdam, what sort of thing are you looking for?

I would recommend the Anne Frank house, and the Van Goph museum. The Begijnhof is worth a visit, not many people i know go there though. There are lots of museums, i went to a few (can't emember the names), the diamond museum is reasonably interesting.
            Anne Frank House is a must. Museums are ok, would also like to know good places to eat, and maybe somewhere to spend a few hours sipping the local ale overlooking some moving water.

Comment

Or if you are looking for something else the touristy ones are worth visiting (grasshopper) but there are a few smaller ones tucked away, the grey area and the Dampkring were two of my favourites. But not been there for that for 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                Or if you are looking for something else the touristy ones are worth visiting (grasshopper) but there are a few smaller ones tucked away, the grey area and the Dampkring were two of my favourites. But not been there for that for 10 years now.

My wife basically accused me of going on a drug fueled bugger fest.

I don't think the will feature some how.

Comment

Segway tour around the city is just brilliant! Best way to see the city without a doubt and great fun every step of the way. Amazing bits of kit.

These guys were great. Only takes 15 mins to get to know them so get a lot of street time.

BestDam Segway Tours

From what I remember it is just over the river from Ann Franks so can kill two birds with one stone.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Book the car into a garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                    X