• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's all our own fault you know

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all our own fault you know

Over eating and drinking 'crippling' the NHS

So it wouldn't have anything to do with all the computer systems that cost billions and don't work, or the millions spent on ineffectual managers or the fact that we treat every tom, dick and harry through the NHS regardless of whether they have made any contribution to it? No! If the NHS collapses it will be all our fault because we ate too many pies! OFFS

Originally posted by John Galt
    Over eating and drinking 'crippling' the NHS

So it wouldn't have anything to do with all the computer systems that cost billions and don't work, or the millions spent on ineffectual managers or the fact that we treat every tom, dick and harry through the NHS regardless of whether they have made any contribution to it? No! If the NHS collapses it will be all our fault because we ate too many pies! OFFS
    I'm quite surprised you disagree with this one JG. I'd have thought encouraging people to take responsibility for themselves would have been right up your street. Will be one of the few things I agree with that comes out of his lying mouth, while I'm all for support systems for the poor and unable I'm also very much for reducing reliance on others for your own well being in whatever area.
    Last edited by snaw; 26 July 2006, 08:02.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

See, this is one of those that confuses me. It is obvious that the country has no chance of supporting the vast numbers of people expected to live into old age. Now, these people will cost a fortune no matter when they get ill and keel over so surely it is better for people who have reached the end of their productive (used loosely for large numbers of society) lives to shuffle off as soon as possible. If they can chuck some taxes back in through drinking and smoking themselves into an early grave then all the better. If they just insist on eating too much and carc it that way, so what ? Why are we trying to keep people alive for ever, let them do what they want and then clear a space.
      Never mind increasing the retirement age, a rising death rate through long term voluntary lifestyle euthanasia should be of little concern.

Comment

Ever thought of being a care worker luke? You know the one that administers the drugs in carefully measured doses to old people.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
          See, this is one of those that confuses me. It is obvious that the country has no chance of supporting the vast numbers of people expected to live into old age. Now, these people will cost a fortune no matter when they get ill and keel over so surely it is better for people who have reached the end of their productive (used loosely for large numbers of society) lives to shuffle off as soon as possible. If they can chuck some taxes back in through drinking and smoking themselves into an early grave then all the better. If they just insist on eating too much and carc it that way, so what ? Why are we trying to keep people alive for ever, let them do what they want and then clear a space.
          Never mind increasing the retirement age, a rising death rate through long term voluntary lifestyle euthanasia should be of little concern.

Spoken like a true wipersnapper!
          I'm off to get my bag changed..........."Nurse!"

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
            Nature tends to elminate the unproductive anf the slothful,just look at how many people die within two years of retirement.

Personally I have no plans at all to retire .

And by virute of this, have no pension plan.

If I cannot sustain myself independently post my employment days then let Nature do its bit and Farewell to all that.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 July 2006, 09:00.

Comment

Double Standards

Nice,

TB seems to be doing a lot of this lately, blaming everybody else for the scr3wups. I would appreciate his comment if it was included in a list of issues affecting the NHS, but to insinuate that its the fault of the public that the NHS is shafted is arrogant and patronising to the extreme.
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                Nice,

TB seems to be doing a lot of this lately, blaming everybody else for the scr3wups. I would appreciate his comment if it was included in a list of issues affecting the NHS, but to insinuate that its the fault of the public that the NHS is shafted is arrogant and patronising to the extreme.
                Not quite sure how you can blame TB (Much as I like doing it) for people getting fatter, drinking more and putting consequently a strain on the NHS. I believe they can do more to discourage unhealthy lifestyles but at the end of the day it's people who choose to shove more food down their throats and swally an extra couple of pints, not NL, the tories or anyone else.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                  Nice,

True, yet, and its very rare I agree with His Masters Voice, but illness which are self inflicted such as over consumption of alcohol or smoking are avoidable , we cannot expect the NHS to cater for a massive volume of ipatinets whom are inthis position purely as a consequence of hedonism.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    True, yet, and its very rare I agree with His Masters Voice, but illness which are self inflicted such as over consumption of alcohol or smoking are avoidable , we cannot expect the NHS to cater for a massive volume of ipatinets whom are inthis position purely as a consequence of hedonism.
                    We have done some of this before. Smokers and drinkers are a net profit for the Government! Tax and Duty more than pays for the extra hospital fees and they generally die young enough not to be burden on the state later in life.
                    The obese must be a cost, but again I would expect they die early thus saving on pensions and long term care.

This is a smoke screen from NL and TB to hide the fact that they can not make the NHS work.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X