• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how do you handle the co-worker who steals all your joke phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you handle the co-worker who steals all your joke phrases

Everytime I use a phrase he starts repeating it half an hour to a day later thinking I'm out of earshot.
    Last edited by eek; 23 July 2013, 16:29.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Start using foreign language comments, a bit like c'est la vie but not and when he reuses it someone will point out what he just said.

Try latin. Drop 'Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit' in sometime. After he has used it point out it in front of everyone it means 'To go where no man has gone before'

or

'Fornulum pani lolo' which means 'I don't want a toaster'

or some of these
    Quone modo nunc, fulve bos - How now Brown Cow?
    Vescere bracis meis - Eat my shorts
    Semper ubi sub ubi - Always wear underwear

He daren't admit he stole it from and will look a complete dick and hopefully stop.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Everytime I use a phrase he starts repeating it half an hour to a day later thinking I'm out of earshot.
      Try saying 'I like mens willies smeared with Marmite up my bumhole' and see if he continues
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Try saying 'I like mens willies smeared with Marmite up my bumhole' and see if he continues
        This option does obviously come with a certain level of risk and potential fall out if it goes wrong
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Tell him some really racist and sexist jokes. plus some homophobic ones about Mohammed.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Stop being funny?

Oh... too late
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

'I like mens willies smeared with Marmite up my bumhole'
              I'd hate that. Can't stand marmite. (See? Doesn't even deserve a capital letter)

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                I'd hate that. Can't stand marmite. (See? Doesn't even deserve a capital letter)
                It is really difficult to reply to that without getting really smutty, I mean, how would you know it's Marmite? It could be Vegemite or that other one which I've forgotten the name of. Then there is this:

Which I don't have but do have these:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Add £200 per month to your invoice itemised as 'Team dynamic development consultancy'.

Comment

It's annoying, but be a man and accept that life aint fair.
                    Worrabout me ? I invented this new theory about relativity and stuff, and some twat from a hundred years ago is claiming all the credit.
                    twat

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X