• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working with a racist sexist co worker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with a racist sexist co worker

So , one of the lower level guys on my team has been trying to ingratiate himself in to the team but due to his social awkwardness he seems to have got it a bit wrong. He's decided that racist and sexist jokes are the way to build rapport. Now a couple of the team have come to me and repeated the ridiculous things he's said and, rather than being slightly embarrassed, he seems almost hostile.

Sooo, my question to the congregation is, how do you deal with a lower level minion with no social skills in order to stop him offending half your workforce with his Bernard Manning routine. His last effort of asking one of the senior female managers if they fancied a "hot pocket" for lunch and then wetting himself at their look of confusion has done the whole team a disservice.

Any ideas? Should we just lynch the fecker and claim some HSSE mishap?

TIA

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So , one of the lower level guys on my team has been trying to ingratiate himself in to the team but due to his social awkwardness he seems to have got it a bit wrong. He's decided that racist and sexist jokes are the way to build rapport. Now a couple of the team have come to me and repeated the ridiculous things he's said and, rather than being slightly embarrassed, he seems almost hostile.

Sooo, my question to the congregation is, how do you deal with a lower level minion with no social skills in order to stop him offending half your workforce with his Bernard Manning routine. His last effort of asking one of the senior female managers if they fancied a "hot pocket" for lunch and then wetting himself at their look of confusion has done the whole team a disservice.

Any ideas? Should we just lynch the fecker and claim some HSSE mishap?

TIA
    Offering him a job in San Diego?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You can't get an answer from here, because it all depends on what you yourself are capable of. In a sense , it's a subjective narrative that one seeks clarification on. Only futility beckons.

If he's genuinely daft you could just have a word about keeping it for the pub.

If he's (as I strongly suspect) testing your authority, then you should wait for him after work. Call him over, stand on his toes with your nose in his face and tell him to cool it or you'll "cut his f*****g head off". Threats of violence always do the trick (*).

I had to google "hot pocket". It's not racist or sexist. It's just daft.

Urban Dictionary: hot pocket

(*) do not do this if he looks hard.
      Last edited by aussielong; 24 July 2013, 03:11. Reason: Appalling grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        He's decided that racist and sexist jokes are the way to build rapport.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Send him to Homebase for a tin of stripy paint.

Comment

If he's a contractor, then terminate his contract.

The problem I have at present is with permies who are useless, have no social skills and no other project to off load them to. Harder to deal with.

Comment

Sexist and Racist jokes.
              does he know any good ones ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If he's a contractor show him the door. If he's a permie let hr show him the door.

Is he foreign?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

4 fish so far pondy. Fresh out of worms?

Comment

An easy question. You have to involve HR now. If you don't then you are in the firing line. Literally.

Comment

Working...
                    X