PDA

View Full Version : Double boomed

suityou01
24th July 2013, 11:30
The other gig made me an offer as well.

Original gig - 91% of normal day rate, 5 months.
Yesterday's speedy gig - 100% of normal day rate, 6 months.

No brainer right? :rolleyes:

MarillionFan
24th July 2013, 11:32

Yep. Get them both to up the rate.

suityou01
24th July 2013, 11:33
Yep. Get them both to up the rate.

<swoon> :D

d000hg
24th July 2013, 11:34
Location and other considerations? Whichever you pick will turn out to be the wrong one obviously, but not much you can do about that!

Mich the Tester
24th July 2013, 11:35
Is this some parallel universe where demand for Suities outstrips supply of Suities?

suityou01
24th July 2013, 11:43
Is this some parallel universe where demand for Suities outstrips supply of Suities?

Well Mich, it's like this. Life is a bowl of cherries. It's a game of two halves. To be fair, at the end of the day, it's all about awesomeness. :D

Mich the Tester
24th July 2013, 11:45
Well Mich, it's like this. Life is a bowl of cherries. It's a game of two halves. To be fair, at the end of the day, it's all about awesomeness. :D

Bollocks. It's about blagging.

Bunk
24th July 2013, 11:45

I thought you were sick as a parrot :eyes

SimonMac
24th July 2013, 11:48
I thought you were sick as a parrot :eyes

What he hasn't said is that each "gig" is really a medical research clinical trial study

Mich the Tester
24th July 2013, 12:08
What he hasn't said is that each "gig" is really a medical research clinical trial study

I did a few of those to earn extra money as a student. The muscle biopsy was particularly unpleasant.

Paddy
24th July 2013, 12:12

Work from home and do both contracts!

d000hg
24th July 2013, 12:14
Work from home and do both contracts!Do-able for a young single person. Not for someone with health issues and a horde of children, assuming you meant to do both gigs properly...

suityou01
24th July 2013, 12:36
First gig won't take no for an answer. They can't match the day rate or duration, but can hike the day rate to 95%.

I can't shake the feeling that gig a took too long to make their minds up, and gig b cancelled their interviews and made an offer on the spot.

I'm very confused :freaky:

How does one go about making ones mind up if they counter offer with equivalent day rate and duration?

Mich the Tester
24th July 2013, 12:39
First gig won't take no for an answer. They can't match the day rate or duration, but can hike the day rate to 95%.

I can't shake the feeling that gig a took too long to make their minds up, and gig b cancelled their interviews and made an offer on the spot.

How does one go about making ones mind up if they counter offer with equivalent day rate and duration?

Why didn't you stay in the Deutsch Land where the economy is growing and life is generally pretty good?

suityou01
24th July 2013, 12:40
Why didn't you stay in the Deutsch Land where the economy is growing and life is generally pretty good?

You missed a chapter. I miss my kids, the travelling is doing me in and my boss is a twat.

Mich the Tester
24th July 2013, 12:42
You missed a chapter. I miss my kids, the travelling is doing me in and my boss is a twat.

Kids can live in Germany too, and all bosses are twats; that's why we're self employed.

eek
24th July 2013, 12:57

If the first gig isn't making you a breaking the bank offer stick to the one that wants you enough to be by passing their usual recruitment process.

suityou01
24th July 2013, 13:00
Kids can live in Germany too, and all bosses are twats; that's why we're self employed.

Not like this one linky (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/90325-intolerant-intolerance.html#post1768968)

TheFaQQer
24th July 2013, 13:01
my boss is a twat.

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Um - don't you work for yourself?

suityou01
24th July 2013, 13:01
If the first gig isn't making you a breaking the bank offer stick to the one that wants you enough to be by passing their usual recruitment process.

That's my feeling.

MarillionFan
24th July 2013, 18:49

Normally you choose the one where the receptionist has the biggest norks.

Spacecadet
24th July 2013, 18:51
Normally you choose the one where the receptionist has the biggest norks.

Or the one that takes you furthest away from the noise makers aka family

eek
24th July 2013, 18:52
:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Um - don't you work for yourself?

Mine triples checks all expenses and refuses many things that were acceptable when I was a permie because he can't be arsed to do the paperwork.

Zippy
24th July 2013, 20:36
First of all have one of these :banana: and then have one of these :cheers:

Take gig b. Gig a will involve you working with a bunch of hand-wringing, ineffectual f-wits who couldn't make a decision if their firstborn's life depended on it. Trust me on this.

Old Greg
24th July 2013, 20:38

Ambassador, with this quip you are really spoiling us.

d000hg
24th July 2013, 20:53
Is this some parallel universe where demand for Suities outstrips supply of Suities?Note, one of the clients hasn't met him yet.

eek
24th July 2013, 20:57
Note, one of the clients hasn't met him yet.

The other met him three times and hasn't spotted the potential issues :confused:

suityou01
24th July 2013, 21:45
The other met him three times and hasn't spotted the potential issues :confused:

Awesomeness. You can't bottle it. :D

suityou01
24th July 2013, 21:47
First of all have one of these :banana: and then have one of these :cheers:

Take gig b. Gig a will involve you working with a bunch of hand-wringing, ineffectual f-wits who couldn't make a decision if their firstborn's life depended on it. Trust me on this.

They confirmed my suspicions. I formally turned them down yesterday. Today they followed me round like a jilted bunny boiler. Then they said they were going to counter offer.

Then they came back and said they had withdrawn their offer :rolleyes:

Erm, I turned you down. :rolleyes:

MarillionFan
24th July 2013, 21:52
They confirmed my suspicions. I formally turned them down yesterday. Today they followed me round like a jilted bunny boiler. Then they said they were going to counter offer.

Then they came back and said they had withdrawn their offer :rolleyes:

Erm, I turned you down. :rolleyes:

Now all you need is gig B to bail on you because of your game playing and you're back to square one. I was joking when I said play one against the other. :tongue

suityou01
24th July 2013, 22:25
Now all you need is gig B to bail on you because of your game playing and you're back to square one. I was joking when I said play one against the other. :tongue

Thank fook gig b knows nothing of this. They knew about gig a, and I told them when they offered I would turn down gig a.
They offered, I turned down gig a. Simples. :happy

Suity

Ps I have to be in the running for this years most improved contractor award :wink

MarillionFan
24th July 2013, 22:34
Thank fook gig b knows nothing of this. They knew about gig a, and I told them when they offered I would turn down gig a.

Suity

Ps I have to be in the running for this years most improved contractor award :wink

Proggy is miles ahead of you.

d000hg
24th July 2013, 22:43

Then they came back and said they had withdrawn their offer :rolleyes:It's OK, they were just slow on the uptake ;)

suityou01
25th July 2013, 06:48
It's OK, they were just slow on the uptake ;)

:laugh

Bunk
25th July 2013, 08:34

Suity

Steady on Suity, there's still plenty of time for you to f**k this up :eyes

SimonMac
25th July 2013, 08:36

Is that like saying Chlamydia is better than a gun shot wound to the head?

suityou01
25th July 2013, 09:17
Is that like saying Chlamydia is better than a gun shot wound to the head?

I still think Chlamydia sounds like a pretty girls name. In Benger's Britian this affliction would be renamed to "MarillionFania", thus freeing up generations of parents to use this name in impunity. :D