• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

American Tourists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Tourists

(and British ones too sometimes)

When in in a bar in Europe, please take a seat and a waiter will come and serve you.

DO NOT expect to be served at the bar where you will only distract the staff from doing their jobs and in the meantime attract another bunch of stragglers who will further delay my parched mouth from getting the ice cold Cruzcampo inundation it so desperately needs.

More points;

Americans; knee length shorts and basketball shoes are for playing basketball, not for visiting cafés and restaurants. Plus; basketball players are generally well trained athletes without great flabby blobs of blubber wobbling over the sides of their trousers.

British tourists; there is a wonderful invention known as suncream. Try it; it stops you turning pink in the sun.

Dutch tourists; put a bloody shirt on, and make sure it has sleeves at least covering the top of your arms. Vests are for under your shirt or for running. Again, runners are usually well trained athletes without great flabby blobs of blubber wobbling out of their shirts.

Russian tourists; yes we know you've got oil and steel and you can afford gold and diamond studded rolexes and Adidas tracksuits (I would refer you to the previous points about basketball players and runners) but please be a little more quiet, no, chicken nuggets and Vosne Romanée weren't made to go together and the paintings in the Sistine Chapel are not for sale.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was a regular sat next to the bar in Frau Möllers on Lange Reihe in Hamburg, and in the Delirium Tremens bars in Brussels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

When in in a bar in Europe, please take a seat and a waiter will come and serve you.

DO NOT expect to be served at the bar where you will only distract the staff from doing their jobs and in the meantime attract another bunch of stragglers who will further delay my parched mouth from getting the ice cold Cruzcampo inundation it so desperately needs.
        I expect they've been to Italy where the prices for waiter service at a table can be 3-4 times more than the bar ones. Never sit down in Italy unless you intend staying there for a while.

I don't know about Spain though as it's where the poor people go.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

A firm fist to the bar and said in a firm but confident voice:

¡Oiga camarero! Una cerveza
          Usually does the trick when tourists are stood their clutching a €10 note trying to get their attention
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            A firm fist to the bar and said in a firm but confident voice:

Usually does the trick when tourists are stood their clutching a €10 note trying to get their attention
            Not in Berlin it doesn't
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
              I expect they've been to Italy where the prices for waiter service at a table can be 3-4 times more than the bar ones. Never sit down in Italy unless you intend staying there for a while.

I don't know about Spain though as it's where the poor people go.
              I don't know about that. Everywhere I have been has a tariff for drinks and the prices are same regardless.

Comment

Working...
              X