• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gym or him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gym or him?

How Health Trackers Could Reduce Sexual Infidelity | TechCrunch

I wear a health tracking watch that monitors minute-by-minute my heart rate, calories burned, steps taken, and if I’m sleeping. Anyone who had access to my data, like a spouse, could tell when I was exercising. Most importantly, they would know if I was having sex — and how intense it was.

Indeed, I inadvertently discovered that people knew whether I was engaging in sexual congress after I gave my health tracker data to a friend and he wryly quibbed about my night time activities.
    so if you are playing away make sure you take your monitor off.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    How Health Trackers Could Reduce Sexual Infidelity | TechCrunch

so if you are playing away make sure you take your monitor off.
    Or throw it away and get a life. Better still, don't buy that tulipe.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So this thread could have been titled "Gym or Jim"?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why do people buy this crap, other than if they have a medical condition that needs monitoring?

I speak with top athletes including professional cyclists, world class speed skaters and first class rugby players and they don't bother with this overpriced, overrated poo. Sure, they use a HR monitor for some training sessions, but this constant monitoring seems to me a bit over the top for, well, pretty much anybody, never mind those who just want to get a bit fitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          but this constant monitoring seems to me a bit over the top
          Its the first step towards the government fitting us all with GPS monitors so they can track us all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Its the first step towards Dallas beating me at the next triathlon.
            ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Why do people buy this crap, other than if they have a medical condition that needs monitoring?

I speak with top athletes including professional cyclists, world class speed skaters and first class rugby players and they don't bother with this overpriced, overrated poo. Sure, they use a HR monitor for some training sessions, but this constant monitoring seems to me a bit over the top for, well, pretty much anybody, never mind those who just want to get a bit fitter.
              They allow people to make incremental improvements to their daily activities. With one of those devices there is an added incentive to use the stairs not the lift or to go and walk across the office to talk to someone rather than sending an email or phoning them or even to get off the bus or tube early and walk part of the distance. Since everything is tracked it is the daily accumulation of activity which is monitored the goal being to increase ones activity rather than being mostly sedentary.

Obviously all of that is completely pointless for a professional athlete who doesn't have a desk job

I know a couple of people who swear by them both of them already regular gym goers and sports types. I've not met anyone who's bought one and thought it was tulip but then they might just be keeping quiet.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
              X