• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coroner's court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coroner's court

BBC News - Coroner's court overhaul begins in England and Wales

The government's consultation on changes noted that some faith groups - notably Muslims and Jewish people - had voiced concerns about releasing bodies for funerals.

Why are they concerned? Is the government racist?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Coroner's court overhaul begins in England and Wales

The government's consultation on changes noted that some faith groups - notably Muslims and Jewish people - had voiced concerns about releasing bodies for funerals.

Why are they concerned? Is the government racist?
    Because many of those religions believe in burial within hours not months...

Comment

Moslem and Jewish funerals are supposed to take place as soon as possible after the death - normally this is within 24 hours (as opposed to 5-7 days for the average 'christian' funeral)

SO I can see their concern - however you can also see that there could be pressure to dispose of the body before a coroners inquest which may mean actual cause of death is not identified -- which would be a good way to cover up misdeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Because many of those religions believe in burial within hours not months...
        Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Moslem and Jewish funerals are supposed to take place as soon as possible after the death - normally this is within 24 hours (as opposed to 5-7 days for the average 'christian' funeral)

SO I can see their concern - however you can also see that there could be pressure to dispose of the body before a coroners inquest which may mean actual cause of death is not identified -- which would be a good way to cover up misdeeds.
        Oh. So I missed the change of this country away from Christianity.

Still I suppose lots of Westeners go to middle east and engage in public sex/drunkedness then whine when they get put in prison.

Comment

Surely as soon as possible is covered by this. If the corpse is needed for a week then asap becomes a week.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Sally Hart, whose 16-year-old son Toby died after a fall while climbing rocks in Cornwall in July 2012, is still waiting for the inquest to take place.

"You are just left not knowing what's going to happen," she said.

"The coroner has said my husband will have to give evidence and that's going to be a really horrible experience."

She said many people had witnessed Toby's fall and there was no doubt it had been an accident, so the family did not understand why there was still no date for an inquest.

looks like its to speed the whole process up, its not just to please the peace lovers.

As usual government organisations seem to do a naff job and this is a way to gee them up.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              looks like its to speed the whole process up, its not just to please the peace lovers...
              Yeah. Flippin' Jews causing trouble.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

AN inquest into the death of a climber killed in a Scottish avalanche is being held against his family’s wishes – because Scotland is considered a foreign country.

Ribble Valley PhD student Christopher Bell was one of four people who died in January in a snow slip on 3,773ft Bidean nam Bian, in Glencoe.

Police investigated the incident, but a separate inquest will be held by the coroner’s office in Blackburn as the 24-year-old, who was studying ocean mapping at the Scottish Association for Marine Science, in Oban, died ‘abroad’.

Simon Bell, Christopher’s father, has criticised the decision and called the new probe an ‘unnecessary intrusion’.

He said: “We do not see the need for it.

“Initially, they said if it was going to go ahead, it would be three or four months. As far as I am concerned, everything has been done that needed to be done, and I am quite happy with what the police have done up in Scotland.”

Mr Bell, of Higher Commons Lane, Balderstone, has written to the coroner to voice his concerns, but does not know if his plea will have any bearing on whether, or not, the inquest goes ahead.

He said: “I don’t know yet if it can be overturned.

“I have a reply from them that apologises to us, but says something about the Coroners and Justice Act 2009 that says it has to be done when a body is brought into England and Wales from abroad, and Scotland is considered ‘abroad’ in this case, which is ridiculous. It was a tragic accident and we are still grieving. This is just a waste of money.”

Inquests in England and Wales are held in the event of sudden or unex-plained deaths, but there are no coroners in Scotland. Mr Bell and junior doctor Una Finnegan, 25, from Co Antrim, PhD student Tom Chesters, 28, who lived in Leeds and studied in Hull, and Dr Rachel Majumdar, 29, who worked at Harrogate District Hospital, in Yorkshire, were swept 1,000ft to their deaths as they descended from Bidean nam Bian, on January 19.
                Seems a fecked up system they run in any case.

Comment

Working...
                X