• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sideways to Victory.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideways to Victory.

Just do try not to do it whilst driving a train, it really doesn't end well.

Santiago de Compostela train crash: Video footage emerges showing the moment train derails and kills 78 - Europe - World - The Independent

poor bastards.

Spanish national newspaper El Pais has reported that the train operator admitted he had been driving the train at 180 km/h immediately after the incident.
    Are they sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      poor bastards.

Are they sure about that?
      I assume they mean he admitted it after the accident, not that he was still driving it after the accident!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That's quite fast.

So... nutter? Drunk? Asleep? Distracted by Albanian mistress?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          That's quite fast.

So... nutter? Drunk? Asleep? Distracted by Albanian mistress?
          Apparently signalling hadn't been adapted to high speeds. In a high speed train, if you try to follow the speed signs it's probably too late to slow down.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Except that's not the high speed version, it's the luxury slower version.

Which begs even more questions.

Odd.
            Well if that's a slow version it also begs the question what we should call the Dutch 'intercities' and ' fast trains' that go 130 kmh while this Spanish train was going 190. Slug trains? Snail rail?

Comment

You ought to see the POS I catch in the morning.

A slug would overtake it.
              Well the Spanish can always say 'at least we can get a train to go fast enough to crash at 190kmh'.

Comment

I would have thought you take HST? non?
                I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Is it one of those chunks of diesel powered poo that British Rail used to run and were basically underpowered buses on rails?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacer_(train)

I remember using those to go from Redditch to Birmingham and back. These are not fond memories. Althought I think the trains were even older and slower than the ones in the linky. Truly awful.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 25 July 2013, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Is it one of those chunks of diesel powered poo that British Rail used to run and were basically underpowered buses on rails?

Pacer (train) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember using those to go from Redditch to Birmingham and back. These are not fond memories. Althought I think the trains were even older and slower than the ones in the linky. Truly awful.
                    The ones in the linky are the 'refurbished' ones which ply the route from Huddersfield to Sheffield (also leeds-sheffield via barnsley maybe?). They are utter tulip. However, they did replace something even worse which is the same thing, but with the bus seats on. 3 passengers one side of the isle, 2 the other.

Those bus ones still exist - they drag them out for the ale trail service.

Comment

Working...
                    X