• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

arab civilization ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arab civilization ?

what did the arabs bring to the world except mayhem and a backward religion ? apparently even the zero and the modern numbers are not from them, but orginate from india.

Algebra.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

There was this real cracker of a Belly dancer in Tunis, never seen another like her since.
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Actually quite a lot. Ever seen early Arab architecture? They acted as a bridge from the knowledge of the Greeks and Romans to the Renaissance, improving and contributing to that foundation, while Europe was in the Dark Ages. They were also at that time quite tolerant of other religions and cultures. The words algebra and algorithm have Arab roots which should tell you something. I could go on.

In fact you could say that Islam was the tolerant religion and Christianity the fundamentalist one back then.

The real shame is that they've turned their backs on that heritage and become crap again.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

And don't forget harissa.
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Humus
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Arabs were observing stars at the time when Europeans were not even taking regular bath.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                Humus
                That was the Greeks that was.
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Arabs were observing stars at the time when Europeans were not even taking regular bath.
                  I believe that was actually indians

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Actually quite a lot. Ever seen early Arab architecture? They acted as a bridge from the knowledge of the Greeks and Romans to the Renaissance, improving and contributing to that foundation, while Europe was in the Dark Ages. They were also at that time quite tolerant of other religions and cultures. The words algebra and algorithm have Arab roots which should tell you something. I could go on.

In fact you could say that Islam was the tolerant religion and Christianity the fundamentalist one back then.

The real shame is that they've turned their backs on that heritage and become crap again.
                    Also the libraries in Iberia....regarding the Dark Ages.

Your last statement is nearly right. Not all Muslims are raving loony nutcases. Beyond that I agree with you wholeheartedly.
                    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X