• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cousin has a divorce hearing on Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousin has a divorce hearing on Monday

He says that he cannot get legal aid and therefore cannot afford a lawyer and intends to represent himself.

Does anyone know whether this thing about not getting legal aid is right? I thought that it was available if you did not have any money.

He is a nice guy but will get ripped to pieces if he tries to rep himself, he is not smart in the way that he needs to be for that kind of fight.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

The rules on Legal Aid has recently changed, so it sound plausable
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Really?

Oh dear - does anyone know of a family lawyer in Bristol who might be able to help at short notice?

Anyone have any advice for this sort of situation?

Comment

He really really needs a laywer, this will cost him far more than the lagal fees if he goes it alone. YOU NEED TO TELL HIM THAT NOW! Get a loan if need be.

Comment

My friend's sister is in the same position. Her husband's family is funding her husband's case and she is being ripped apart in court - particularly on custody and access. My fried is representing her as a McKenzie Friend McKenzie friend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is far from ideal. No legal aid without domestic violence I believe.

Comment

Why anyone ever gets married is a mystery to me.
            Stay single and save a fortune..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Why anyone ever gets married is a mystery to me.
              Stay single and save a fortune..
              As females are also a mystery to you, I'd say you're pretty safe on this score.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Really?

Oh dear - does anyone know of a family lawyer in Bristol who might be able to help at short notice?

Anyone have any advice for this sort of situation?
                Funny you should say, yes I do, I used Divorce Solicitors Bristol - Solicitors - Bristol, Westbury-On-Trym, Shirehampton - Devereux & Co when my ex and I split up
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just don't follow the lead of these people...

Lawyer and doctor told they are committing 'financial suicide' as they rack up £850,000 divorce bill | Mail Online
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Funny you should say, yes I do, I used Divorce Solicitors Bristol*- Solicitors - Bristol, Westbury-On-Trym, Shirehampton - Devereux & Co when my ex and I split up
                    Awesome, thanks - will pass that on

Comment

Working...
                    X