• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Britain avoided double dipping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Britain avoided double dipping

The

Basically GDP figures aren't using CPI or RPI anymore but an unpublished "deflator". Using this new magic number Britain is in growth.

Well done George Osbourne. A simple solution to the problem of economic growth.

And of course the immigration figures are completely unrelated to the reality too

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Well done George Osbourne.
      Look, it's like this - he was elected to fix the economy and bring it back to growth. Upon closer examination it was revealed that real work to do so would require 50 years terms in Parliament and Osborne and his buddies in marginals don't want to risk their political careers, so they just faked it.

Comment

"That’s not a double dip. It is a depression." - well a depression is a drop of 10% in growth which has not happened.

But the economy is 4% beneath its peak and will probably flatline for years. Economy is supposed to grow at 2% a year to stay still - so thats another 10% we are missing too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          He and CMD are The New Neros.

Fiddling whilst Britain burns.
          The bit you all seem to miss is that Economics is an exact replacement for voodoo. The followers of voodoo magic knew that you had to believe in it before the powers could work on you. Same for economics. We are all going to hell in a handbasket (by economic standards and yet watch a premier league match on TV or the Ashes or any large sporting / entertainment venue and you will see the seats are full. The pubs on a saturday night in the town centres are still full of the drinking classes and the other week I went shopping in Bath and struggled to find a parking space.

My rate at the start of the year was a solemn 450 a day by april it was back to 525 and now I am getting sniffs and agents starting to take 600 + as a goer. So if they are indeed lying then the lies are working and sooner or later they will inflate the issue into irrelevance. But some twat that looks at figures backwards as a way to tell me what will happen tomorrow is a modern day catweazle throwing dust at imaginary dragons...

Comment

Does anyone else imagine a giant chutney spoon hovering over the midlands when they read this title?

Only me then?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              The bit you all seem to miss is that Economics is an exact replacement for voodoo. The followers of voodoo magic knew that you had to believe in it before the powers could work on you. Same for economics. We are all going to hell in a handbasket (by economic standards and yet watch a premier league match on TV or the Ashes or any large sporting / entertainment venue and you will see the seats are full. The pubs on a saturday night in the town centres are still full of the drinking classes and the other week I went shopping in Bath and struggled to find a parking space.

My rate at the start of the year was a solemn 450 a day by april it was back to 525 and now I am getting sniffs and agents starting to take 600 + as a goer. So if they are indeed lying then the lies are working and sooner or later they will inflate the issue into irrelevance. But some twat that looks at figures backwards as a way to tell me what will happen tomorrow is a modern day catweazle throwing dust at imaginary dragons...
              This shows that smoke and mirrors have fooled you into thing you earn more. Your 600 Groats are not the same value as five years ago. The Bank of England has ‘printed’ money thus devaluing it. There has also been global devaluation (first time in history). There has also been Global inflation due to banks buying into commodities and hedge funds. Your 600 Groats are worth about 400 in real terms, maybe even 300 or less.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Everyone is talking about how much their house is worth again, so the magic seems to work.

In Britain as long as your house is going up, the economy is mended. Simples.

Comment

I avoided double dipping once by teble dipping. Or was that just a dream?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    This shows that smoke and mirrors have fooled you into thing you earn more. Your 600 Groats are not the same value as five years ago. The Bank of England has ‘printed’ money thus devaluing it. There has also been global devaluation (first time in history). There has also been Global inflation due to banks buying into commodities and hedge funds. Your 600 Groats are worth about 400 in real terms, maybe even 300 or less.
                    Works both ways though. I am in the process of buying an SL mercedes. (2nd one I will have owned but first one from new) the first one was an SL320 it cost its first owner over £80k in 2000 I bought it in 2004 for 22k My new one will be an SL350 and will cost me £77k and in four years will be worth 22k ... If the way you are thinking was true I would have to spend 100k to have achieved the same thing. So why if I am buying a foreign car in a devalued currency (and one that is considerably weaker against the Euro than it was in 2000) but getting more for my money instead of less?

Comment

Working...
                    X