• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheapo flights to the states

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapo flights to the states

OK, moving soon, and as all of the houses have been sold, including the holiday home, we're thinking of having a last minute jaunt over to the west coast if America for the whole family before we move house. I can't seem to find flights under £800. Last time I went to the states, in 2008, twas £300 to Miami, so I am wondering if anyone has some websites/travel agents, whom they would recommend to get cheap flights. For there are 5 of us, and as we'll be hiring an RV, dem costs mounts up.

Cheers

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    OK, moving soon, and as all of the houses have been sold, including the holiday home, we're thinking of having a last minute jaunt over to the west coast if America for the whole family before we move house. I can't seem to find flights under £800. Last time I went to the states, in 2008, twas £300 to Miami, so I am wondering if anyone has some websites/travel agents, whom they would recommend to get cheap flights. For there are 5 of us, and as we'll be hiring an RV, dem costs mounts up.

Cheers
    airline
    US Airways.
    Economy
    London Heathrow, London, UK (LHR) Tue 13 Aug 2013 12:15Miami Intl , Miami Florida, USA (MIA) Tue 13 Aug 2013 20:24
    1-Stop
    13h 09m
    Leg 1 of 2London Heathrow, London, UK (LHR) to Philadelphia Intl , Philadelphia Pennsylvania, USA (PHL) US Airways. 729 operated by US Airways. Economy , Airbus A330 Depart 12:15 Arrive15:30
    Stopover Leg 2 of 2Philadelphia Intl , Philadelphia Pennsylvania, USA (PHL) to Miami Intl , Miami Florida, USA (MIA) US Airways. 719 operated by US Economy , Airbus A320 Depart 17:35 Arrive20:24
    £759.15per adult
    Book Now
    £759.15(Total)

here

I assumed 13th Aug as travel date, but if its earlier it might be more expensive. Too few details to go on..
    Last edited by tranceporter; 29 July 2013, 12:35.
    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

3/4th August until 1st September. Hoping for West Coast flights. I have managed to find one to Oakland for around £800, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        3/4th August until 1st September. Hoping for West Coast flights. I have managed to find one to Oakland for around £800, but still.
        You have left it rather late. The best time is between 3months - 14 days before departure

see When is the Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets? - AOL Travel Ideas
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Skyscanner - Compare Cheap Flights, Hotels & Car Hire

Comment

These guys seem to be showing £500 flights for phone only? Not sure if they are real but they are 020 numbers, so give them a try.

Or these:

Flightcatchers - Contact Details

Don't hang up when you hear a bob on the other side..
            I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

That's what we've always used for looking at routes, but they tend to be no cheaper than just doing it via Expedia or similar.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Interestingly, looking at KLM, shows £1600 to LAX from LON via AMS, but only €1100 to LAX from Amsterdam direct to Los Angeles, a saving of about €700 pp. NYC £881 Lon-Ams-NYC, showing €1000 AMS-NYC, so about the same. Strange.

Comment

Apply the above to airline fares. Remembering that there are 1,000s of people trying to work out how to get the cheapest fare daily.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Eurostar to Paris and then a flight from CDG?

Schipol probably has more connections though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X