• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Yoik

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Yoik

Hot on the heels of OH's request, can anyone recommend sites to use to book a trip to NYC?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

A true contractor doesn't fly commercial. Always, always, private jets

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Hot on the heels of OH's request, can anyone recommend sites to use to book a trip to NYC?
      Expedia
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Expedia
        Thanks lovely. I am squizzing at that site as we speak, so perhaps I'm not the spazzer I thought.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Expedia
          Ditto

Used it for honeymoon in Hawaii 2010, Trip to New York 2011, Paris last October.

All went very smoothly.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Thanks lovely. I am squizzing at that site as we speak, so perhaps I'm not the spazzer I thought.
            Every trip that I've done to America has been booked through them - since they own hotels.com and one of the other comparison sites, you might save 1p or so.

If you are looking outside the city, then there are other sites etc. - last year we went to New England for ten days and found lots of places through bedandbreakfast.com to stay. Have a look at Trip Advisor as well.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Every trip that I've done to America has been booked through them - since they own hotels.com and one of the other comparison sites, you might save 1p or so.

If you are looking outside the city, then there are other sites etc. - last year we went to New England for ten days and found lots of places through bedandbreakfast.com to stay. Have a look at Trip Advisor as well.
              Thank you. I'm only really looking at NYC, am planning a surprise trip for mama poppins.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

My daughter and niece have just got back. They stayed at the Blakely Hotel New York. and liked it.

The New York Pass turned out to be really good value for money - it gives you free (well, I guess pre-paid) access to loads of attractions and fast track entry, so no queues.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good deals currently available if you don't mind spending two weeks shoveling coal into ship's engine...

Comment

Working...
                  X