• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Temp labour sites.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp labour sites.

Any ideas how to get help in?

I have just been called about completion on our house sale. I was expecting to move on Monday next week, then fook off for a few weeks on hols. I have just been called to ask if I can complete on the 1st. I can, of course, but ringing around removals peeps suggest no one is available, and the one we have booked for Monday can't change. Wifey has suggested we rent a van and do it ourselves, but I can't really lift tulip and carry it about, as my right knee is about as useful as MF's penis. Are there places you can call for temporary labour? A quick google suggests no, but there must be some kind of places that do this, they kept me through uni second time around.

Offering £15 per hour is anyone is benched and wants a quick few quid.

Oh, and the reason it would be beneficial, is new owner says he'll pay us extra moving costs, and it means I can get away without paying mortgage for August.

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Any ideas how to get help in?
    Adultfriendfinder?

On a serious note I found myself in a similar predicament some years ago and found two polish guys with their own van on gumtree so you could try that. The down side is they probably won't be insured for breakages etc but they were cheap. I paid them double what we agreed cos they worked seriously ******* hard until 10pm on a Friday, and it was still a bargain.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

www.rentabob.in
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

http://www.anyvan.com/

I've used them a few times, check the van is going to be big enough.

Comment

ring some man with van type people advertising in the local paper?
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Adultfriendfinder?

On a serious note I found myself in a similar predicament some years ago and found two polish guys with their own van on gumtree so you could try that. The down side is they probably won't be insured for breakages etc but they were cheap. I paid them double what we agreed cos they worked seriously ******* hard until 10pm on a Friday, and it was still a bargain.
            Hmmm, sounds good, and I guess I can make sure we take the valuables so they don't get broken, and I also guess we can cover it off on house insurance...

Worth a punt I think.

Comment

I would not trust any couple of guys to move house. They could make a note of what you have and then burgle next week
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Adultfriendfinder?
                Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Worth a punt I think.

Comment

Adultfriendfinder?
                  I hear you can make money hand over fist on that site
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    ring some man with van type people advertising in the local paper?
                    This.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X