• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question re: Accountants - Are People Generally Happy w/ Their Current Accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re: Accountants - Are People Generally Happy w/ Their Current Accountant?

Hi -

ContractorUK Admin has generously allowed me to survey the membership for research I am conducting.

Are you generally happy or unhappy with your current accountant? (eg scale 1-10?)

If you are happy, what are the types of services, deliverables or activities that your accountant undertakes that you particularly find useful?

If you are unhappy, what does your accountant do (or not do) that you find particularly unhelpful?

In addition to any reply posts, anyone who would be willing to spend 15 minutes on the phone with me to discuss the positives and negatives around their relationship with their accountant would be appreciated. Please send a private message of how I can get in touch with you. Alternatively, email me at: [email protected].

For full disclosure, I am not selling anything! I will not pitch you alternative services and I will not record your information for any sales follow ups. I am simply after impartial info as a part of my research.

Thanks in advance for your great feedback!
    Last edited by AccountantQuestions; 30 July 2013, 12:24.

I am with InTouch and am very happy.
    Easy and prompt access to personal accountant, speedy resolution to any queries/issues that have cropped up and online portal for straight-forward and comprehensive management of all the numbers.
    Add to that the excellent service I received when getting MyCo setup, and support around all the bits and bobs when first getting started in El Mundo del Contracto

/endplug
    Last edited by kevpuk; 30 July 2013, 09:57. Reason: spelling....
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
      Easy and prompt access to personal accountant, speedy resolution to any queries/issues that have cropped up and online portal for straight-forward and comprehensive management of all the numbers.
      Add to that the excellent service I received when getting MyCo setup, and support around all the bits and bobs when first getting started in El Mudo del Contracto

/endplug
      el mundo shurely?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        el mundo shurely?
        Yep, yep - corrected promptly, to massage my ego
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
          Add to that the excellent service I received when getting MyCo setup, and support around all the bits and bobs when first getting started in El Mundo del Contracto

/endplug
          Same here I find the service fantastic
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

I am with Crunch. I have been very happy with their service over the last year. They were recommended to me and I would be happy to recommend them too.

Comment

+1 for Crunch.

Very good service and advice on the phone when you want it.

Web Interface is intuitive and makes the process very simple.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Service is excellent, but a tad expensive. 140+ inc vat per month.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

If you'd asked me three weeks ago, I'd have given InTouch 9 out of 10.

Based on the past few weeks, though, it's slipping to a 7 and possibly lower.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Don't use Darren Upton as accountant
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
                    X