• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Contracting!

Hello all,

Starting my first ever IT contract in a few weeks at the ripe age of 23.

Will as of tonight be going through the process of setting up a company and whatnot, safe to say I am terrified. Told work I will only work half of my 4 week notice period which I can imagine will go down well....

Will be needing a forum like this for some handy advice I feel!

Well done on taking the leap! At your age and with nothing to lose it is well worth a shot. What's your skillset?

Comment

Thanks

I am a software tester. It's looking like I'll be taking the HR/Payroll route (accidentally), but I'm not moaning.

Work are checking if they can get a replacement in for me so I can have 2 weeks notice and not 4.

What they don't realise is I HAVE to be gone in two weeks, it was either that or no contract.

Where do I stand legally with this, do I go in all guns blazing if they cannot meet my wishes and say 'I'm not working after two weeks'???

References aren't an issue, I have two guys I've worked for who have moved on who are more than willing to supply references, and they are both senior managers.

Comment

Hello
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Best of luck to you!

If you need an advice on web development or marketing, PM me

Comment

Now I do hope that you won't do anything naughty like advertising MrNice, if you do you won't last long here.

Please read the T&Cs.

And you won't get PM rights until I see that you behave yourself...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

ok boss

Comment

Working...
              X