• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

and today's 'no tulip sherlock' prize goes to..............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and today's 'no tulip sherlock' prize goes to..............

"Thirty years ago, I used to shoot 500-700 sparrows a day with my sling shot," says Haji Shakoor, 57, from Salang valley. "The sky used to be full of birds. But now it seems so empty."

BBC News - Bird hunters 'emptying Afghan skies'

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    "Thirty years ago, I used to shoot 500-700 sparrows a day with my sling shot," says Haji Shakoor, 57, from Salang valley. "The sky used to be full of birds. But now it seems so empty."

BBC News - Bird hunters 'emptying Afghan skies'
    no bird tulip sherlock.

Comment

I'd be more worried about IEDs and EFPs there.

HTH

Comment

maybe if he had not been shooting 500-700 sparrows a day for the last 30 years there may be a few left?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          maybe if he had not been shooting 500-700 sparrows a day for the last 30 years there may be a few left?

Whoooooshhhhh!!!!
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Thirty years ago it was full of Soviet helicopters too.
            Did they bring the sparrows with them?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Thirty years ago it was full of Soviet helicopters too.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Maybe AtW can tell us about the Red Army's secret sparrow diminishment weapons, designed to slowly starve the cats of Afghanistan until they submit to Soviet control to make room for Russian squirrels.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Maybe AtW can tell us about the Red Army's secret sparrow diminishment weapons, designed to slowly starve the cats of Afghanistan until they submit to Soviet control to make room for glorious new tractor factory.
                  ftfy

Comment

Working...
                  X