• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what would the neighbours say?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would the neighbours say?

Slough spy plane detects 6,000 illegal 'beds in sheds' with thermal imaging | Mail Online

Slough Borough Council spends £24,000 building up 3D map from air
    Authority uncovered 6,350 suspicious sheds and garages emitting heat
    Thousands could be living in converted outbuildings without permission
    Plane criss-crossed streets, picking up heat signals from outbuildings
    Analysis of images from night flight revealed suspicious dwellings
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Doesnt surprise me...fed up with the helicopters flying overhead constantly too
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Tell me about it, fecking Chinook overhead the other day.

I thought they'd found me for a moment, there, but it flew on.
      Keep seeing them (or possibly the same one) round these parts.

Last week on my bike ride I thought "There's that Chinook again" and wondered if its pilot was thinking "There's that cyclist in the pink top again".

Comment

Alternative headline; 'Failing housing policy leads citizens to solve the problem for themselves.'

Perhaps Slough council should piss off and stop snooping around in people's gardens.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Weasel words of the week prize goes to Councillor James Swindlehurst;

'Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of people living in the outbuildings and we will be doing whatever the law allows us to do to protect them and hold rogue landlords to account, as well as enforcing regulations.'
          Sure your primary concern is the health and wellbeing and so on; bollocks. You want more council tax from people who can't even afford a decent home, you bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Alternative headline; 'Failing housing policy leads citizens to solve the problem for themselves.'

Perhaps Slough council should piss off and stop snooping around in people's gardens.
            plenty of houses up north. Slough are building houses as fast as they can, even trying to keep up with the schools. But with the government under reporting population and hence funding based on the obviously false premise the nice illegals that the government encouraged will complete the census like good little citizens.

If you have ever seen these extremely common structures then you would realise the majority are death traps and soon I suspect we will see a raft of 'illegals burnt in sheds' stories. They ignore planning permission and are put up with blatant disregard to their neighbours feelings.

I'm rather glad Slough are taking this action to police criminals and make the area safer. Though I doubt a £200 fine is enough.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              plenty of houses up north. Slough are building houses as fast as they can, even trying to keep up with the schools. But with the government under reporting population and hence funding based on the obviously false premise the nice illegals that the government encouraged will complete the census like good little citizens.

If you have ever seen these extremely common structures then you would realise the majority are death traps and soon I suspect we will see a raft of 'illegals burnt in sheds' stories. They ignore planning permission and are put up with blatant disregard to their neighbours feelings.

I'm rather glad Slough are taking this action to police criminals and make the area safer. Though I doubt a £200 fine is enough.
              I don't think there was any mention of illegal immigrants in the story, so I don't see how that's relevant. Secondly, yes, there are house oop north. Not an awful lot of jobs though. I'd like to see Slough working out how to provide decent affordable housing so people don't have to live in sheds.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                They should use drones instead and fire hellfire missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I don't think there was any mention of illegal immigrants in the story, so I don't see how that's relevant. Secondly, yes, there are house oop north. Not an awful lot of jobs though. I'd like to see Slough working out how to provide decent affordable housing so people don't have to live in sheds.
                  How about moving some jobs up north? They could start with parliament and all other government departments.

Comment

And they're sure people are living in these outhouses? They're not occupied by Hornby railway enthusiasts or a terrorist cell? It's been a bit warm lately, could the heat signature not just be well matured compost?

Comment

Working...
                    X