• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jews or Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jews or Muslims

It's always one or the other starting something.

You never see Buddhists hanging around on street corners in gangs giving it max or Hindus creating 20 mile 'exclusion strips'.

When was the last time you heard of a Wiccan suicide bomber or a Scottish Catholic money lender!!!!!!

Theres a pattern here, you mark my words!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    When was the last time you heard of a Wiccan suicide bomber or a Scottish Catholic money lender!!!!!!
    There's a good few pawn shops, and massage parlours up north of Hadrian's wall... they are smart... if you are going to sell something, make sure it belongs to someone else....

Like Scottish MPs and England - 'tuition fees? nah, we'll just have some more English cash thankyou very much'.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Jews?

You never see Buddhists hanging around on street corners in gangs giving it max or Hindus creating 20 mile 'exclusion strips'.

Don't get swayed by Israeli behaviour:

Jews: 20 centuries of peaceful behaviour even under oppression, and huge contributions of learning and civilisation to the world
      Israel: about half a century of being armed to the teeth and dragging the rest of the world into it.

Comment

To quote a friend of mine, when discussing Jews; "You don't get persecuted for two thousand years for nothing".
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

oh yes you do....

Buddhist
          http://www.tamileelamnews.com/cgi-bi...iew.cgi/1/1557

Hindu
          http://www.compassdirect.org/en/news...name=&rowcur=0

...just not in our back yard at the moment.
          Plan A is located just about here.
          If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey
            oh yes you do....

Buddhist
            http://www.tamileelamnews.com/cgi-bi...iew.cgi/1/1557

Hindu
            http://www.compassdirect.org/en/news...name=&rowcur=0

...just not in our back yard at the moment.
            In both those examples the "persecuted" were Christians, who, almost certainly have not acted blamlessly against other religions when establishing their footholds in foreign lands.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Personally I don't see why we moved on from some of the ancient religions - Ishtar sounds like a winner to me:

Ishtar was said not to listen to men's pleas unless the man visited an Ishtar cult. A woman that dedicated herself to the goddess Ishtar was said to have a sacred duty. All women were required at least once in their lifetime to go to the Temple of Ishtar (usually after they were married). They were to sit in the temple until a stranger came and threw a piece of silver in her lap. Then she was to leave the temple and have sex with the stranger, after which she could return home. She was not allowed to refuse the first stranger. Unfortunately, some of the less attractive women remained in the temple for years, waiting for a stranger to throw them a silver coin.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

When was the last time you heard of a Jew walking on to a bus or restaurant and spontaneously detonating?

Mailman

Comment

Or Catholics fighting with Protestants over land creating Terrorists groups like IRA.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
                    To quote a friend of mine, when discussing Jews; "You don't get persecuted for two thousand years for nothing".
                    You get presecuted for working hard, being literate and intelligent, and doing better than others. Jealousy. I read that in the past Jews became money lenders in part because they were literate, unlike the thicky masses, but also the Christian religion was against money lending.

Comment

Working...
                    X