• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Venice in Peril............soon!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice in Peril............soon!!

Am planning a jaunt to Venice in a few weeks with some friends and her indoors(complete with New Passport!!!! ).
    We will be staying in Venice itself and will probably do the usual touristy bits. Just wondered if anyone that has been has any tips/pointers/recommendations.
    Obviously me removing her Passport and valuables from her is a given!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Am planning a jaunt to Venice in a few weeks with some friends and her indoors(complete with New Passport!!!! ).
    We will be staying in Venice itself and will probably do the usual touristy bits. Just wondered if anyone that has been has any tips/pointers/recommendations.
    Obviously me removing her Passport and valuables from her is a given!!
    The thread title is very apt. Venice will sink when you arrive you fat chunt.

Old Hack.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't forget to check out Muscle Beach.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Gondola rides are expensive boat rides in sewage water. You are also privileged to pass a couple of sewage extracting boats on the ride. If you time it right, St.Mark's square will be flooded with sea water, and alternates as a nice swimming pool free of charge. A boat ride in the sea is decent and gives you some nice pics. That's all I can remember from top of my head.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

My usual hotel is now closed - the San Clemente Palace. You may have to slum it in the Cipriani.

Don't miss Harry's bar for a decent martini and a belini for the mrs. Otherwise, just wander about, it's all amazing.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Free tip - don't buy ice cream there...

Comment

Print out and try not to lose:

http://ukinitaly.fco.gov.uk

British Consulate-General Milan
              Via S. Paolo, 7
              20121 Milan
              Italy

Email
              [email protected]

Telephone:
              +39 06 4220 2431

Fax:
              +39 02 8646 5081

Access and opening times
              Get an emergency travel document
              Not what you're looking for? ↓
              An emergency travel document lets you leave another country if you can’t get a new or replacement British passport in time to travel.
              You can apply for an emergency travel document (sometimes known as an ‘emergency passport’) if you’re a British national outside the UK and your passport has been lost, stolen, damaged or has expired.

You should first try to renew or replace your passport if it has expired or is damaged. Only apply for an emergency travel document if you need to travel before you can get a replacement.

What an emergency travel document does
              An emergency travel document allows you to leave the country you’re in and travel to your destination via a maximum of 5 countries.

The emergency travel document can also cover a return journey if you’re resident in the country you’re applying from.

An emergency travel document doesn’t guarantee entry to every country. You may also need a visa. Check with the embassy or consulate of the country or countries you’re intending to travel to or through.

How to apply
              You need to apply in person. Contact your nearest British embassy, high commission or consulate to find out where you can do this.

You must bring with you:

2 identical recent photographs of yourself - make sure they meet the rules for passport photos or your application will be delayed
              details of your intended travel plans - where and when you intend to travel (including countries you will travel through)
              a completed application form
              a police report if your passport has been lost or stolen
              Country you’re in Application form
              United States of America and Canada Download ‘Emergency travel document application form’ (PDF, 167KB)
              All other countries Download ‘Emergency travel document application form’ (PDF, 164KB)
              You will have to pay a fee, equivalent to £95. Embassy or consulate staff will tell how much this is in local currency when you apply.

Getting your emergency travel document
              The embassy or consulate staff will check that you’re eligible for an emergency travel document. If you’re not, they will tell you why.

You may get the document on the day you apply if your circumstances are straightforward. If your circumstances are more complex, it can take longer. You may need to change your travel plans.

Using your emergency travel document
              The emergency travel document will only be valid for the journey that you specified when you applied and for a specific period of time. This will be shown on the document.

Your existing British passport will be cancelled in most cases.

Immigration authorities may keep your emergency travel document when you arrive at your destination.
              How else we can help
              In addition to the services listed above we can also:

provide information about transferring funds
              provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
              help people with mental illness
              do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
              offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
              contact family or friends for you if you want
              make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
              UK law says we have to charge for some services. Details of our current fees and the standards of service you can expect to receive are on display in all our consular offices

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                The thread title is very apt. Venice will sink when you arrive you fat chunt.

Old Hack.
                I'll be fine. I can walk on water.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X