• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government spending

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government spending

It seems as though the Government, in the spirit of transparency, have forked out for a new system which explains where all the money goes GIST - OSCAR - Quarter 1 2012-13

I can report that it tells you precisely squat
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    It seems as though the Government, in the spirit of transparency, have forked out for a new system which explains where all the money goes GIST - OSCAR - Quarter 1 2012-13

Looks quite clear & informative to me, in general terms at least.

Unbelievable that HMR&C spends over £12 B, which is almost half the NHS budget of c £28 B !
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Unbelievable that HMR&C spends over £12 B, which is almost half the NHS budget of c £28 B !
      Of course they spend a lot; the tax system is now so complicated they need lots of people and systems to administer it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The maths skills of a 10 year old are sufficient to understand that site. Oh wait ....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The maths skills of a 10 year old are sufficient to understand that site. Oh wait ....
          Ha Ha OK I'll quantify that remark - although it gives you a basic overview of Government spending it offers little in the way of detail i.e. where our hard earned taxes are being wasted

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Ha Ha OK I'll quantify that remark - although it gives you a basic overview of Government spending it offers little in the way of detail i.e. where our hard earned taxes are being wasted
            Move to Somalia. No taxes there so I hear - provided you have a big enough gun.
            Should suit your half-baked "libertarian" ideas.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

"Libertarian" - one who believes in free will, freedom of thought and expression, minimizing the role of the State and maximising individual rights and responsibilities.

I think that's the first time I've had a compliment from you - thanks

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Still a closet leftie - the holiday has not purged that then
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

That includes paying tax credits etc. I think.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Still a closet leftie - the holiday has not purged that then
                    You're still a cretin, and nothing can ever purge that.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X