• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Gangnam Style

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Gangnam Style

Day 3 of new gig. BA on two projects. First one going ok. Sponsor likes me. Second one is quite alarming.

I caught a whiff of a dodgy PM on day one when I asked her when the requirements freeze milestone was.

"Don't really have one" was the reply. I shrugged it off as her being mental. Bear in mind they "Are not agile, only waterfall".

Today was the kicker. I spend all day preparing my collateral for the first of the requirements workshops starting next week. Then I saw an email from her to the stakeholders trying to agree the business case.

And this email implied tonnes of scope creep, which if agreed would require me to re-do all the work thus far.

So I asked the previous BA wtf? She said the requirements were baselined, and that any change would go for a CR.

Thinking I better just check this with the PM I nipped round to her desk. In concescending tones "How can you have a CR, if there is no baseline?"

Suity in equally condescending tones "The same way you can have the requirements workshops without a baseline"

I escalated immediately. Turns out she (PM) is renowned.

So no budget, no business case, no baseline and we start the workshops with our mythical baseline on Monday.

Can't wait for my DCM
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Who had Day 3 in the Sweepstake?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Not me. Went for 3pm day 1 as a lot of people went for immediately after lunch.

Could be worse tho, it could be .....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I did

Comment

day 7 for full toy out of pram action?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Germans can you for incompetence?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Job jobbed in Kraut land my friend. Try another angle.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Oooh, is it guess the missing word(s)?

'pull out your teeth with pliers' ?

Comment

What's SY on about? Is he just showing he knows all the stupid terminology PMs use to try and make developers think they are special in some way?

Can't stand these overly rigid process is everything PMs myself, process is just a tool to help get things done.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    . Try another angle.
                    OK. You're thick as two short planks and don't have a feckin clue?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X