• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello! Hello!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Hello!

Best £75 ever spent

Clear Ear Clinic
    Coffee's for closers

My hearing is going i think, i thought it may be wax, but i used those Otex ear drops and i'm still half deaf. Had you tried them before you went?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
      My hearing is going i think, i thought it may be wax, but i used those Otex ear drops and i'm still half deaf. Had you tried them before you went?
      Tried everything including Otex and Olive Oil. If there is a lot (and there was) and its impacted (and it was that too) then the drops don't work
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Tried everything including Otex and Olive Oil. If there is a lot (and there was) and its impacted (and it was that too) then the drops don't work
        I may visit on saturday morning before en route to football. Will let you know how i get on

Comment

I may visit on saturday morning before en route to football. Will let you know how i get on
          Do it

If they can't help then there's no charge but at least they have the equipment to have a much better look than a GP. Plus all they see all day is peoples ears so they should know more as well

After seeing what came out after being told "they look fine" on numerous occasions I'm seriously thinking about changing GP
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Do it

If they can't help then there's no charge but at least they have the equipment to have a much better look than a GP. Plus all they see all day is peoples ears so they should know more as well

After seeing what came out after being told "they look fine" on numerous occasions I'm seriously thinking about changing GP
            As I've said before, GPs are mostly lazy overpaid useless feckers.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
              GP's are just glorified receptionists

Comment

Do it

Won't make a difference from my experience just make sure the practice has a couple of nurses you can see as they are good for issues like that.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The drops soften the wax, which makes it expand and so obviously makes things worse. Olive oil works just as well/badly.

About a decade ago I was having to go see the nurse at the GP to get this done about once a year, for some reason. Right PITA. It's been better since, but my right ear is getting blocked again. If I sleep on that side I wake up half deaf.

Shame these things only exist in London.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH BIDI
                    Tell us how much you spunked on MMR alternatives?

A fool and his money...

Comment

Working...
                    X