• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone explain why...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone explain why...

We are paying for David Cameron to jolly his way (first class no doubt) around Afganistan ??? It's bad enough all us tax payers having to pay for the existing Blair bloke to meddle in everyones lives including other countries ! What value can Mr Cameron add as he has no power to do anything anyway !!!

For the same reasons why Brown jets off to Africa to say how he wants to tackle global poverty while taking the loan repayments from Nigeria which is almost exactly twice as much as it gave in aid to the whole of Africa.

It's image, soundbites and publicity. They all do it.

At least Cameron has the potential to reduce the ever increasing burden of tax take and sheer hypocrisy spewing forth from this current administration.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Figure heads do not make the decisions!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        We are paying for David Cameron to jolly his way (first class no doubt) around Afganistan ??? It's bad enough all us tax payers having to pay for the existing Blair bloke to meddle in everyones lives including other countries ! What value can Mr Cameron add as he has no power to do anything anyway !!!
        If he is going to form the next govt which is not unlikely then he needs to be familiar with what is going on around the world. I am sure you would be the first to criticise him in the event that he was to form a policy with regards to Afghanistan and then admit he had never been there.

Apart from anything else Afghanistan is hardly a "jolly" venue is it?

And for your information the world is getting smaller and countries influence each other more and more thanks to media and technology (created by people like you). So your cosy little world of "what's it got to do with me anyway" gets smaller by the day. And it is thanks to wonderful sites like this that the events of the world are brought to people like you and debated in an intelligent and mature manner by worldly souls
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Meanwhile our Limited companies are being investigated by the IR to extract more money out of you, to pay for all this sh1te !

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            If he is going to form the next govt which is not unlikely then he needs to be familiar with what is going on around the world. I am sure you would be the first to criticise him in the event that he was to form a policy with regards to Afghanistan and then admit he had never been there.

Apart from anything else Afghanistan is hardly a "jolly" venue is it?

And for your information the world is getting smaller and countries influence each other more and more thanks to media and technology (created by people like you). So your cosy little world of "what's it got to do with me anyway" gets smaller by the day. And it is thanks to wonderful sites like this that the events of the world are brought to people like you and debated in an intelligent and mature manner by worldly souls

Bollox to the other countries, we need to get this house in order first !!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Cutting, DA, cutting...

The "intelligent and mature" bit was particularly inspired, I thought...

As subsequent posts appear to have proved...
              I liked the "wordly souls" bit myself. Did you notice, you can see his tongue firmly planted in his cheek even from here.

I am also glad to hear it wasnt dodgy who was struck by lightening in Italy yesterday, I was concerned for a while!
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

He's gone to tell the Afghani's about the merits of driving a hybrid car...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                  He's gone to tell the Afghani's about the merits of driving a hybrid car...

Isn't that Blairs job ! he likes to spread idealism and meddle in everyones lives !

Comment

And what makes you think that "He" will form the policy on something like Afghanistan? Is he a dictator? No.
                    So please DA go away and intelligently and maturely work out how our Political system works....Or haven't you covered that at school yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X