• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' Debt Relief for Africa!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckin' Debt Relief for Africa!!!

Why?

How come so much of the money collected in taxes in the UK will go toward this bottomless bucket?

Oh FFS, I'm going for a lie down!

It's only "fair".

Comment

A waste of my money. This is another Blair ego trip.

Plus those idiots Bono and Chris Martin. Pop singers should stick to pop singing, and not get involved in things they don't understand.

Spod, you are a b@stard for bringing this up. I need a lie down as well, now.

Comment

Re: No democracy- No aid

At least 22 Ethiopians have been shot dead as police clashed with protesters accusing the ruling party of fraud in last month's elections.
        Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi is a member of the UK-led Commission for Africa, which promises to improve governance and respect for human rights in Africa, in return for more western aid, debt relief and better terms of trade.

Will aid help the poor in Zimbabwe ? ( they need an iraq style invasion)

All this is only to ease the consciences of the pinko progressive liberal types and make them feel better They think that paternalism and condescension are the only ways to deal with Africa.

One quarter of all the tsunami aid sent to Sri Lanka has been sitting on the dock at Colombo since January, unclaimed and/or unprocessed.

Comment

Re: No democracy- No aid

One thing puzzles me though - if life is so tulipe in Africa why don't they move?

Comment

At least 22 Ethiopians have been shot dead
            so they can afford guns and bullets... but not food? :rolleyes

might try that with barclaycard I can't pay your bill this month... cos I spent all my money on Guiness... :hat can see that one working

Comment

What I find funny is people accusing America of being tight bastards...never mind the fact they give more than $10billion dollars a year to Africa! :rollin

Now what gets my t1ts is the guilt people try to heap upon the west! Its about time that Africa stood up and took responsility for its own problems. As long as countries like South Africa support people like Roberto Mugatu then Africa will never change!

If it was me I wouldnt spend any more money on Africa. If they increase spending they are only going to be giving all the dictators in that continent more money to syphon off in to their French bank accounts!

Mailman

Comment

Roberto Mugatu
                Who's he ?

Comment

Post colonial Ghana was well educated and everybody spoke english so why haven't they emulated India - outsourcing etc.

Dictators corruption ............

Comment

> Who's he ?

probably the bloke who runs all those dodgy French banks

Comment

Working...
                    X