• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The £215,000 Burger, and you don't get any fries or a little toy for that price!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £215,000 Burger, and you don't get any fries or a little toy for that price!

BBC News - World's first lab-grown burger to be cooked and eaten

The world's first lab-grown burger is to be unveiled and eaten at a news conference in London on Monday.

Scientists took cells from a cow and, at an institute in the Netherlands, turned them into strips of muscle which they combined to make a patty.

Researchers say the technology could be a sustainable way of meeting what they say is a growing demand for meat.

Critics say that eating less meat would be an easier way to tackle predicted food shortages.

BBC News has been granted exclusive access to the laboratory where the meat was grown in a project costing £215,000.
    I guess this is the same as GM arable products, but call me fickle, some how it just seems less appealing, I guess its the NIMBY in me, happy to feed the third world with products like this, but I'll pay the extra for something I know is "natural" where possible
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

It is all a cover story, the stuff is going to come from mincing up the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It is all a cover story, the stuff is going to come from mincing up the dead.
      Soylent Green?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        It is all a cover story, the stuff is going to come from mincing up the undead.
        FTFY

Comment

Just when you thought McDonalds could not get any worse.

Comment

I'm sure there was similar revulsion when people started planting wheat instead of just picking it. "Worl... it just aint natural, is it?".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm sure there was similar revulsion when people started planting wheat instead of just picking it. "Worl... it just aint natural, is it?".
              And as for selective breeding of cattle, that's just playing God!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd rather eat tofu

Surely we could just go for a few good old fashioned world wars with indiscriminate violence? surely halving the population would be better than this crap?

Comment

Scientists grow a test tube cancerous tumour for humans to eat. No thanks.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I reckon it's alright. Is a bit like my idea of taking regular slicings from cows, so they can live to a grand old age.

Comment

Working...
                    X