• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attn: Developers and Sys or Application Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn: Developers and Sys or Application Admins

Devs and Admins

When you've finally got a complete test environment up and running, leave the f**king thing alone until I ask you to do something to it!!!

That's enough. Back to invoicing now.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Devs and Admins

When you've finally got a complete test environment up and running, leave the f**king thing alone until I ask you to do something to it!!!

Come on Mitch, it was a minor change for something we spotted in Dev. It won't affect you at all.

Carry on now.

Comment

Devs and Admins

Does that include environment managers?

If it does could I ask that they check everything is working after the deployment and notify the devs if it isn't so that I don't walk into irate testers unprepared first thing in the morning.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

If it does could I ask that they check everything is working after the deployment and notify the devs if it isn't so that I don't walk into irate testers unprepared first thing in the morning.
        The deployment was successful, it even gave me a green tick to show it, if the code is crap that NOMFuP
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          The deployment was successful, it even gave me a green tick to show it, if the code is crap that NOMFuP
          The portal?

Comment

It includes everybody.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Devs and Admins

What? I didn't think you were using those firewalls and the core switch so we added them into the live environment... No you will have to re-order your own new set, as these are live now we couldn't possibly touch them...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                What? I didn't think you were using those firewalls and the core switch so we added them into the live environment... No you will have to re-order your own new set, as these are live now we couldn't possibly touch them...
                Are you on this project as well?

Comment

Devs and Admins

My bad. I forgot to delete the task when I copied and pasted from a different stage of the project plan.

In my defence, it doesn't sound all that important.

Comment

Are you on this project as well?
                    Afraid not I think it would be quite a laugh if I was

Comment

Working...
                    X