• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in/around leeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in/around leeds

The Mrs has just found out her uncle has weeks to live so I am taking her up to Halifax for the weekend to see him before he goes. I have never met that side of her family, and we have agreed it is probably not the bet place to meet them at the hospital, so am going to drop her off early on Saturday morning then pick her up in the evening.

I am still convinced she is going to need me there for support, but she is adamant she would rather go alone. I am going to be on my own in Leeds for the best part of 9 hours and was hoping some of the Yorkshire contingent could recommend things to do around Leeds. I have found out QPR (who I have a season ticket for) are playing Huddersfield so may go there for the afternoon, but am at a loose end as what to do to the rest of Saturday and possibly Sunday.

Gorge yourself on pies?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Visit the Royal Armouries?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Drink, get tattoos and a fake tan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          The Mrs has just found out her uncle has weeks to live so I am taking her up to Halifax for the weekend to see him before he goes. I have never met that side of her family, and we have agreed it is probably not the bet place to meet them at the hospital, so am going to drop her off early on Saturday morning then pick her up in the evening.

I am still convinced she is going to need me there for support, but she is adamant she would rather go alone. I am going to be on my own in Leeds for the best part of 9 hours and was hoping some of the Yorkshire contingent could recommend things to do around Leeds. I have found out QPR (who I have a season ticket for) are playing Huddersfield so may go there for the afternoon, but am at a loose end as what to do to the rest of Saturday and possibly Sunday.
          What do you enjoy doing? The Royal Armories are free and a good way to waste a few hours, lots of Museums around the City center, away from the city there are a few nice places withing a short distance outside if the weather is nice (Roundhay Park and Tropical world, or Temple Newsham)
          Last edited by SimonMac; 6 August 2013, 10:40.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The centre of Leeds is full of expensively dressed unhappy people with a misplaced sense of entitlement. Get out into the Dales and get some miles walking under your belt.

Alternatively find out where LUFC are playing and hook up with the service crew. I'd do the walking.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              What do you enjoy doing? The Royal Armories are free and a good way to waste a few hours, lots of Museums around the City center, away from the city there are a few nice places withing a short distance outside if the weather is nice (Roundhay Park and Tropical world, or Temple Newsham)
              I prefer to be outside, the Tropical World looks interesting as does the Armouries.

Originally posted by Antman View Post
              The centre of Leeds is full of expensively dressed unhappy people with a misplaced sense of entitlement. Get out into the Dales and get some miles walking under your belt.

Alternatively find out where LUFC are playing and hook up with the service crew. I'd do the walking.
              I do like to be outside, and would love to go for a stroll in the dales, but don't want to be too far from the center of Leeds in case she needs me.

Comment

Get a train to Lancashire?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am taking her up to Halifax
                  don't want to be too far from the center of Leeds in case she needs me.
                  You do know that Leeds and Halifax are different places, don't you?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Drink, get tattoos and a fake tan.
                    And have a fight.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment