• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bargaining with David Lloyd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargaining with David Lloyd

Has anybody been able to successfully do this?

I am looking to sign up for me and mini NWP2C and the price does seem a lot (though through contractors eyes it might not seem so bad). Nevertheless I want to get as good a deal as possible. I have managed to get 5% off for corporate discount but that still brings it to £96 for me and £10 for the little one. £106 for the 2 of us isn't all that bad but I am weary of the extra costs (e.g. tennis classes for us both) and the fact I will end up spending a lot more on things such as the restaurant and costa coffee.

Anybody managed to successfully negotiate with them on price as I haven't been able to so far.

They are trying to keep out the riff raff.

In my case, it worked.

Went to a cheaper less pretentious gym.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Has anybody been able to successfully do this?

I am looking to sign up for me and mini NWP2C and the price does seem a lot (though through contractors eyes it might not seem so bad). Nevertheless I want to get as good a deal as possible. I have managed to get 5% off for corporate discount but that still brings it to £96 for me and £10 for the little one. £106 for the 2 of us isn't all that bad but I am weary of the extra costs (e.g. tennis classes for us both) and the fact I will end up spending a lot more on things such as the restaurant and costa coffee.

Anybody managed to successfully negotiate with them on price as I haven't been able to so far.
      Alternatively, stack shelves for Tesco and get paid £12 an hour to exercise.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Alternatively, stack shelves for Tesco and get paid £12 an hour to exercise.
        £12 an hour? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          £12 an hour? Really?
          £12 an hour is the minimum (late evening) rate for stacking. I heard of this idea from a 70yo neighbour.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Apparently Lidl (or is it Aldi?) pay very well too. DP which is it?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Doubt you'll get much change from them, I tried the same thing with LA Fitness, even offering to pay up front. They wouldn't haggle, spoke to a different person every time. All they were concerned about was getting me on Direct Debit.

As DP says I go to a small local one over the road, no membership or joining fee, £3.50 a go.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

As DP says I go to a small local one over the road, no membership or joining fee, £3.50 a go.

qh
                Isn't that called an 'Adventure Playground'?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Doubt you'll get much change from them, I tried the same thing with LA Fitness, even offering to pay up front. They wouldn't haggle, spoke to a different person every time. All they were concerned about was getting me on Direct Debit.
                  ...After which they tell you half of the gym is out-of-bounds as it's reserved for the ladies - even though the ladies are entitled to use all of the gym.

...And in the half of the gym you are allowed to access, the equipment is completely unavailable at lunchtimes or evenings, as they have sold too many memberships.

My local LA Fitness is OK if you are female and go to the gym between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I found it cheaper to build my own home gym (seriously.)
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Isn't that called an 'Adventure Playground'?
                    Haven't you heard of Adventure classes? Much harder than the gym.

Alternatively you can do Boot Camp.

On a more serious note I always thought it was wrong that under 16s are in a gym.

All kinds of sports clubs do cheaper memberships for kids and real sport is more interesting for them. My local tennis clubs are desperate to get in kids so are the golf clubs. The only clubs that don't want them at the moment are rowing and gymnastics.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X