• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anybody really bother?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody really bother?

Originally posted by A previous thread
    Enjoy picking the company name, it can be a challenge to find a good one that isn't too similar to one already taken.
    Just wondering really does anyone spend that long on the name for MyCo?

When I setup my accountant said something like:
    Do you want anything special or shall I just get Tulip & Daffodil Limited off the shelf?

Its on my notepaper/invoices and domain name/email but I don't particularly use it in my national TV advertising.

When I had a Ltd. back in the days when contractors were paid cash I was offered a list of names, most to do with computers. I wanted Bodgitt and Leggitt Ltd. but a mate had that for his fitted kitchen business so had to make do with an IT based one (actually the term IT didn't exist then so it would have been a DP based one!) Still have some paperwork including the general ledger, shares, certificate of incorporation, company stamp and company cheque book!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      When I setup my accountant said something like:
      Do you want anything special or shall I just get Tulip & Daffodil Limited off the shelf?
      This is what happened with me^

Big Dicks Software Emporium and Toilet Repairs has served me well.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Just get a name that you can .com domain for.
        It was quite a struggle for me, but I finally figure out an 8 char alphanumeric string that's not too cryptic.

Comment

My first ltd was called Spanish Tony ltd (I already had the contract just switching from umbrella to ltd)

I wouldn't choose that sort of name again though but if someone said it didn't sound business-ey enough you can always point them to Virgin.

Comment

Camden Unix Network Training Services
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You can always do a T/A if you don't like your name or find a better domain name free.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You can always do a T/A if you don't like your name or find a better domain name free.
                Like the (true story) solicitor who had a T/A as I. Revenue. He got his clients to write out cheques for stamp duty and then put money into his account,
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Always wanted to use BellEndz IT ltd.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I bothered.

Comment

Working...
                    X