• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laughed at this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laughed at this

In an email from an agent today:

"As always we are paying £250 for each successful referral and also if you find your own job and wish me to represent you we pay you £250 too. "

If I found my own job would I seriously be looking for an agent to take a cut .......... I suppose there is the guarantee of payment but I can't think of any other reason.

Was they're not a story about recruitment agents on the beeb?

BBC News - 'Bus-sized fatberg' removed from London sewer
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
      In an email from an agent today:

"As always we are paying £250 for each successful referral and also if you find your own job and wish me to represent you we pay you £250 too. "

If I found my own job would I seriously be looking for an agent to take a cut .......... I suppose there is the guarantee of payment but I can't think of any other reason.
      Reasons to let tame agents feed:

1 They will pay faster.
      2 They handle factoring
      3 If you can get a few other guys in then you can take a cut of their rates too, and the agent will handle that on most occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        Reasons to let tame agents feed:

1 They will pay faster.
        2 They handle factoring
        3 If you can get a few other guys in then you can take a cut of their rates too, and the agent will handle that on most occasions.
        Well yes but as all the clients are local authorities, they may be slow payers but they wont be going bankrupt.

Comment

Well yes but as all the clients are local authorities, and it's your money their paying out.
          FTFY.

Comment

A fellow social worker got a court order stopping a man from seeing his kids. Champagne all round.
            FTFY

Comment

Well yes but as all the clients are local authorities, they may be slow payers but they wont be going bankrupt.
              I believe that a few London boroughs have had issues paying their cheques over the years...

They get to the end of the financial year and just say sorry we are out of cash...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                I believe that a few London boroughs have had issues paying their cheques over the years...

They get to the end of the financial year and just say sorry we are out of cash...
                Really? Any examples you can remember?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  FTFY.
                  On that logic if you work for HSBC and I have and HSBC account, it's my money that's paying you.

Comment

On that logic if you work for HSBC and I have and HSBC account, it's my money that's paying you.
                    And very grateful I am too

Comment

Working...
                    X