• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bongo Bongo land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bongo Bongo land

Have we done this?

'Bongo Bongo Land': UKIP MEP Bloom told to not to use phrase

In footage obtained by the Guardian, recorded last month at a meeting in Wordsley, West Midlands, he said: "How we can possibly be giving £1bn a month, when we're in this sort of debt, to Bongo Bongo Land is completely beyond me.

Labour called his language "offensive and narrow-minded". If Nigel Farage is serious about getting rid of racism and intolerance in his party... etc etc

Bloom said Bongo Bongo Land was "a figment of people's imagination. It's like Ruritania or the Third World". He added: "It's sad how anybody can be offended by a reference to a country that doesn't exist."

Mr Bloom told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "If I've offended anybody in Bongo Bongo Land I will write to their ambassador at the Court of St James."

Are we offended by this?

Nope

Some bleeding heart liberals who make a career out of being offended by any fu<kin thing anyone does will be though

Comment

No I think it's fantastic.

If he can start calling foreigners Fuzzy Wuzzies then he has my vote.

Comment

Do they drink Um-Congo there?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've seen Bongo Bongo land, it looks like this now.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I've seen Bongo Bongo land, it looks like this now.

Originally posted by Prince Phillip

That's Sing-sing-slit-eye land you cretin.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Does he mean Outer Bongolia?

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

He does have previous bigmouth escapades though:

Shortly after being appointed to sit on the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality in 2004, – a job he took because "I just don't think they clean behind the fridge enough" – Bloom said that "No small businessman with a brain would ever employ a lady of child-bearing age".
                Later that year, in his first of many attempts to make up for the comments, he invited a group of female students to Brussels, only to be overheard saying about one of them: "Isn't she the most delicious bimbette? Absolutely thick, but good tits." The letter of complaint that ensued also reported that "Of the businesswoman who he had invited to share the platform at the next day's press conference, Mr Bloom had only four words: 'big tits, very feisty'."
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  He does have previous bigmouth escapades though:
                  result, we have found a husband for the queen if ever Big Phil goes to the throne room in the Sky.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So which CUK poster is he?

Comment

Working...
                    X