• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eid al Fitr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eid al Fitr

Some nice pics here in a kind of hands across the ocean type way.

I'm particularly happy as it means the noisy sods next door will no longer have their Iftar buffet at 10 pm and keep me awake half the night.

Just a thought. What do muslims do in places like Alaska where the sun never sets at this time of year? Starve?

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Some nice pics here in a kind of hands across the ocean type way.

I'm particularly happy as it means the noisy sods next door will no longer have their Iftar buffet at 10 pm and keep me awake half the night.

Just a thought. What do muslims do in places like Alaska where the sun never sets at this time of year? Starve?
    They do what they do over here. cheat like mad. the missus works with a few muslim families, had one guy begging her to dispose of an empty whisky bottle, he said if his missus caught him, he was dead.
    He used to take a wee nip every night 'for medicinal purposes'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Zanzibar acid attack: Distraught families' horror as Katie Gee and Kirstie Trup fly home with severe burns - Mirror Online

Relatives told of their horror after two teenage British charity workers had acid thrown in their faces on the paradise island of Zanzibar.

Katie Gee and Kirstie Trup, both 18, were being flown home tonight after being treated for severe burns following the unprovoked attack.

The best pals had been working as volunteer teachers at an orphanage and were targeted at 7.45pm yesterday as they walked back to their hotel through the Stone Town area of the capital Zanzibar City.

Suddenly two men on a moped roared up alongside them on the narrow lane and hurled acid at them, scorching their faces, chests, backs and hands.

The girls were immediately flown by helicopter to hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for emergency treatment.

She tweeted on July 24: “A Muslim woman just hit me in the street for singing on Ramadan. Is that normal?”
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

BBC News - Eight killed in gun attack in Pakistani city of Quetta

At least eight people were killed when gunmen opened fire outside a mosque on the outskirts of the south-western Pakistani city of Quetta, police say.

About 15 others were wounded in the attack, which came as worshippers left the Sunni Muslim mosque after sunrise prayers for the Eid al-Fitr festival.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Whereas we have the family round over Christmas.

I worked with some people who were doing an implementation in Morocco during Ramadam. They said their normally relaxed and sociable local colleagues became right pains in the neck...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Whereas we have the family round over Christmas.

I met some people on holiday (that I was claiming as a business expense) in Morocco during Ramadam. They said their normally relaxed and sociable local colleagues became right pains in the neck...
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I worked with some people who were doing an implementation in Morocco during Ramadam. They said their normally relaxed and sociable local colleagues became right pains in the neck...
              Did a couple of Ramadams in Saudi in the late 90s. Wasn't so bad then as it was around December so the days were shorter.

Even so, everyone was expected to observe the fast, publicly at least. Didn't really leave you with much choice anyway as all vending machines, coffee making facilities etc in the bank were off limits. ISTR I managed to sneak in the odd fag though.....

Comment

Working...
              X