• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man made his own credit card and sues bank??!?!?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man made his own credit card and sues bank??!?!?!?

Anyone seen this?

Man who created own credit card sues bank for not sticking to terms - Telegraph

Does the bank have a leg to stand on?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

excellent, glad to see it played out on them, would be amused if he won.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They signed and agreed his terms, so I can't see how they can argue now that they didn't know what they were doing.

If it was the UK, then they might get out by claiming that the person who signed the contract didn't have the authority to agree to the changes, but you never know with Russian law.

If the owner of the bank is a Putin mate, then he's going to get 25 years hard labour, or a polonium dinner.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Live by the small print, die by the small print. Good to see them getting shafted for a change.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Good on him! I might give it a try.

I have heard rumours of people getting their mortgages cancelled due to obscure law - I am keeping an eye on it.

Comment

Contracts in the UK are generally written on glossy company forms. So if you scan the form and alter the details, the receiving bank would immediately smell a rat by seeing it sent on printed A4 paper rather than the usual glossy company forms.

Secondly, for credit cards at least, banks don't generally send back a signed copy of the agreement (signed by the bank). So you would have no proof that the bank had agreed with your new terms.

It is also possible that the bank might have a copyright on the terms. So if you amend them without their consent and send them off you might be done for copyright infringement (OK I'm speculating here).

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

It is also possible that the bank might have a copyright on the terms. So if you amend them without their consent and send them off you might be done for copyright infringement (OK I'm speculating here).
              I think that wouldn't be the case.

I have amended agency contracts - crossed out bits I didn't like, and added a few bits here and there - all initialled, and then signed. No-one's ever said anything. But then nothing's ever come of it either.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I think that wouldn't be the case.

I have amended agency contracts - crossed out bits I didn't like, and added a few bits here and there - all initialled, and then signed. No-one's ever said anything. But then nothing's ever come of it either.
                As the signatures normally only on one page, photocopy it and post a copy to yourself and leave it unopened for proof of the contract terms as signed, incase they swop the altered pages for the original for the 'copy of the signed contract' they send back to you

Have had agencies do that one before....
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  As the signatures normally only on one page, photocopy it and post a copy to yourself and leave it unopened for proof of the contract terms as signed, incase they swop the altered pages for the original for the 'copy of the signed contract' they send back to you

Have had agencies do that one before....
                  Send it recorded rather than just posting it, and make sure it's sealed properly so can't be opened.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Send it recorded rather than just posting it, and make sure it's sealed properly so can't be opened.

send it to your accountant and ask them to store it for you. Might be a small fee.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X