• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are techie types generally thick, indecisive and opinionated?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are techie types generally thick, indecisive and opinionated?

They can't seem to make any decisions and instead post meaningless "shall I do X?" questions.

However they seem to have an opinion on everything and know exactly what they would do in other peoples situations?

I'm asking because I can't make my mind up on this one......

Can we have a poll?

Comment

I'd like to help you but I'm not a techie
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        They can't seem to make any decisions and instead post meaningless "shall I do X?" questions.

However they seem to have an opinion on everything and know exactly what they would do in other peoples situations?

I'm asking because I can't make my mind up on this one......
        That's because the vast majority of posters on CUK need to be given instructions on what to do. Contractors don't make decisions they wait for management / leaders to make them for them and then bitch and moan about it stating they could do better. Of course they rarely make the jump into leadership because their own self importance and social impotence hold them back. Permies are the white sheep, contractors the black.

Hth

MF 'The shepherd'
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          That's because the vast majority of posters on CUK need to be given instructions on what to do. Contractors don't make decisions they wait for management / leaders to make them for them and then bitch and moan about it stating they could do better. Of course they rarely make the jump into leadership because their own self importance and social impotence hold them back. Permies are the white sheep, contractors the black.

Hth

MF 'The shepherd'
          Do you like sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
            Do you like sheep?
            He's banned from wales, Australia and New Zealand. Does that answer the question?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
              Do you like sheep?
              I prefer gladiators and radiators.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I'd like to help you but I'm not a techie
                I'm a techie but I don't want to help.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Aren't "indecisive" and "opinionated" opposites?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Aren't "indecisive" and "opinionated" opposites?
                    No. You can still be a big mouth but cannot make a decision yourself. See NLUK
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X