• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cycling push

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycling push

BBC News - Cycling gets £94m push in England

Maybe they could spend the money on educating car drivers that they do need to be aware of things outside the car.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Cycling gets £94m push in England

Maybe they could spend the money on educating car drivers that they do need to be aware of things outside the car.
    Bollocks, the money will be spent on consultants making a report and one tin of white paint.

BTW Cyclists should be registered and insured then they will stop at red lights and pedestrian crossings. BTW++ F,ing cyclists running the lights near the local hospital stopping ambulances even when it's green for the ambulances
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Bollocks, the money will be spent on consultants making a report and one tin of white paint.

BTW Cyclists should be registered and insured then they will stop at red lights and pedestrian crossings. BTW++ F,ing cyclists running the lights near the local hospital stopping ambulances even when it's green for the ambulances
      I have seen car drivers hold up ambulances a few times. Once it was a 4WD for a minute so he would not lose a parking space!

There are inconsiderate people around whatever mode of transport they have.

Personally I like to keep as far away from pedestrians and cars as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I have seen car drivers hold up ambulances a few times. Once it was a 4WD for a minute so he would not lose a parking space!

There are inconsiderate people around whatever mode of transport they have.

Personally I like to keep as far away from pedestrians and cars as possible.
        If you look at the detail though - this is in prep for next years TDF, probably just a massive resurfacing and paint job so the north looks nicer on tv.

I remember at school we did 'Cycling Proficiency' in a car park with cones when we were about 12 - this doesnt happen anymore at all?

For london we should have a 'sniper a biker' scheme. Anything on 2 wheels that jumps reds, earphones, flipflops, pavement, no helment, no lights (like this morning ).

Then we should have a 'befriend a biker' where they each swap vehicles for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          I remember at school we did 'Cycling Proficiency' in a car park with cones when we were about 12 - this doesnt happen anymore at all?
          Yes it does - our local school does it up and down our road which is relatively quiet. Haven't managed to hit one of them yet.

I think my son must be the only kid ever to have failed his cycling proficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            For london we should have a 'sniper a biker' scheme. Anything on 2 wheels that jumps reds, earphones, flipflops, pavement, no helment, no lights (like this morning ).
            Sorry about that. I was carrying and trying to get away from the Police at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Yes it does - our local school does it up and down our road which is relatively quiet.
              +1
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Having had neg-rep for my cycling post I wish to add that it would also be a good idea to have a scrap metal crusher parked at traffic lights and any cyclist jumping lights would have his bike crushed.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Yes it does - our local school does it
                  Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  +1
                  +2
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X