• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a nice weekend?

What did you get up to?

An overall view, yes, BUT I did waste far too much time in traffic.

Lost an hour in a 5 mile tail back on the A30 going down to Cornwall to see father-in-law.
    Lost another hour in a long tailback somewhere near Weston Super Mare on the M5 coming home yesterday.

Other than that, all tasks were achieved, see fathers, see children, see grandchildren, pick up repaired car.

Glad to have the Murano back, a Nissan Note really didn't cut it in comparison. Major bonus was a fill-up of the Note was only £45.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Was good thanks, how was yours?

Went to Wales with family and explored the south coast really....nice weather for it and the kids enjoyed, couldn't ask for more on my Birthday really...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        Was good thanks, how was yours?
        Superb thanks - cheers for asking.

Twins came home on FRiday night after week away with their mother at Blackpool. I let them go to Eltham on their own Sat morning which they loved. Sat afternoon MrsBP arrived back from North Wales.

Sunday we picked our cherry tree (Rent A Cherry Tree) and made 10 jars of lovely Cherry jam.

MrsBP has now left for centreparcs for the week with the kids. I stay here and pay for it.

Comment

Very good thanks.

Friday, I did some training at lunchtime and then repadded my helmet (not a euphamism unfortunately).
          Saturday, took the kids swimming and then went for lunch with some of the extended family.
          Sunday, went to Wellingston Country Park and then watched the new Red Dawn film (okay but not a patch on the original) whilst repadding my gorget.

How was yours?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

• Drove back from Barcelona
            • Spanish drivers know no road rules
            • On the Ronda Litora it's every man for himself
            • Visited Andorra for the first time on the way back ...never again!
            • Used the Toulouse > Orleans > Paris route
            • Parisienne's know the road rules but choose to ignore completely
            • Dutch appear to enjoy turning over caravans on their way home blocking motorways
            • Cruise set at 85 on the motorways with an occasional bored foray up to 120mph - car returned 51.9 mpg av
            • Joined the Eastern European influx on the 04:00 ferry to Dover- of note is they all appear to now have UK reg vehicles
            • While waiting to board the ferry a fat bint in Hungarian reg vehicle chose to change her trouser which entailed going to the rear of the vehicle dropping her keks exposing a very skimpy thong between two very rippled buttocks my eyes my eyes !
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yes, I wasn't at work!
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yes it was fabulous thanks.

between playing "Star Wars the Old Republic" (WOW set in star wars world with star wars characters - eg. jedi vs sith) I created slides for another video for plan B and went for a nice walk round Hampton court palace.

Oh and went to a hilarious bbq full of young 20 something middle class crusty lefty "occupy" types who like to argue and complain and took great offence at my capitalistic approach to life - especially the dirty speculant activities
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Better than expected.

I spent some time with my brother, sister-in-law and their two children, which doesn't happen often enough.

And packing for the holiday, which can't start soon enough - just need the van to come back from the garage, and the family to come back from dropping the dog off at the kennels.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Was awesome thanks! Saturday was spent chilling out and watching Lone Ranger at Cineworld. Enjoyed it! Other half had picked up some voucher near Tesco with Clifton Photography for a family photo shoot thingy. So yest afternoon was spent in Bristol getting clicked at. Then we found a very nice Audi A3 3.2 V6 quattro 53 plate in Dorset, and my wife was hating the Honda Civic i-Shift gearbox, so traded that in with a couple of hundred quid. Reached home at midnight, overslept and now at workplace an hour late
                    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Working...
                    X