• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is that a remote control in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a remote control in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Another fine mess.

Fortunately he wasn't holding a fully loaded table leg.

Armed police storm couple's house and hold them for four hours - after mistaking TV remote for a GUN
    Would the plod care to explain why the woman got concussion & why they were left to walk home in their underwear when no offence had been committed?
    Last edited by zeitghost; 30 May 2017, 09:45.

"As is standard procedure with firearms reports, the incident was fully risk assessed and armed police were sent to the property in order to minimise any threat or harm to both the public and the officers attending the scene."

I am going to call up and report that David Cameron is holding a firearm at 10 Downing Street. Lets see them take the same course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Would the plod care to explain why the woman got concussion & why they were left to walk home in their underwear when no offence had been committed?
      Unbelievable bit that. I can understand they might make a mistake about the gun, but you would have thought they would have apologised and run them home. Arrogant idiots, expect a light touch on the wrist.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That question will never be asked..its a boys club.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Maybe they'd done something in the past to upset plod, like Old Hack did? Of course, it wasn't the police who mistook a remote for a firearm - it was the paramedic who called them.

Edit: oh look. From four years ago

Michelle Malone says her partner signed for some property in Belgium a number of years ago - a move she now thinks was an error.
          40-year-old Keith Abrahams was arrested in Spain, and is awaiting trial for his alleged part in a £5 million heroin smuggling ring.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Maybe they'd done something in the past to upset plod, like Old Hack did? Of course, it wasn't the police who mistook a remote for a firearm - it was the paramedic who called them.

Edit: oh look. From four years ago

Michelle Malone says her partner signed for some property in Belgium a number of years ago - a move she now thinks was an error.
            40-year-old Keith Abrahams was arrested in Spain, and is awaiting trial for his alleged part in a £5 million heroin smuggling ring.
            not sure I want our Police to act as Judge & Jury, even if he is a bad un. Maybe they could find some evidence and prosecute him?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              not sure I want our Police to act as Judge & Jury, even if he is a bad un.
              It goes some way to explaining what happened - of course it doesn't excuse it. I presume once his case got to court he was found innocent, otherwise he wouldn't be out and about playing with his remote.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Must have done wonders for her panic attacks too. Or maybe she'll be completely cured, like shock treatment for hiccups!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Its all right because we can trust our Armed Police to always behave professionally.

Armed PC who had sex with married woman while on duty kept his job because he could still reach gun in holster round his ankles | Mail Online

Comment

Working...
                  X