• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good solicitor required to fend off Income Diminisher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good solicitor required to fend off Income Diminisher

Anyone know of a good solicitor that I can use to head off my ex-wife’s almost perennial demands for increased maintenance? I pay her a pretty sum as it is, but now I’ve had enough, and there’s a lot at stake now I run as a ltd company. The criteria I need for a good solicitor:

- very aggressive
    - knows his/her stuff on company law, treatment of share dividends etc
    - must be in the S.East – Kent/Sussex/Surrey
    - must have a reputation for winning
    - must be a mean, bad sonofab1tch

Serious answers only please – I’m sure a few of you know what it’s like to have your lucre drained away by the Income Diminisher…
    "My God, it's huge!!"

But your up against an ex wife FFS!

Fake your own death

Comment

Swamp Thing,

I think you need to go home and have a lie down.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
        Anyone know of a good solicitor that I can use to head off my ex-wife’s almost perennial demands for increased maintenance? I pay her a pretty sum as it is, but now I’ve had enough, and there’s a lot at stake now I run as a ltd company. The criteria I need for a good solicitor:

- very aggressive
        - knows his/her stuff on company law, treatment of share dividends etc
        - must be in the S.East – Kent/Sussex/Surrey
        - must have a reputation for winning
        - must be a mean, bad sonofab1tch

Serious answers only please – I’m sure a few of you know what it’s like to have your lucre drained away by the Income Diminisher…

The advice I was given was make sure your solicitor is female...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Swamp Thing,

I think you need to go home and have a lie down.

Milan.
          Milan, I had a good lie-down last night thank you very much. And I realised I have got to put my ex-wife-parasite-thing in a box (just metaphorically speaking, not a 6ft under the ground type of initiative). C'mon, help!
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Get another Ltd company and shut this one down. Make somebody else a Director, and you become an employee on 100 quid per week, then they can asses you on that much !! thats what I did !!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
              Get another Ltd company and shut this one down. Make somebody else a Director, and you become an employee on 100 quid per week, then they can asses you on that much !! thats what I did !!
              Could they assess you on dividends?
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                Could they assess you on dividends?

Not sure....

Comment

a) Leave the country.
                  b) Sell your house in the UK. Buy a huge place in France. Rent a small flat in the UK.
                  c) Sell Swamp-Thing (UK) Ltd to Swamp-Thing (Cayman Islands) Ltd.
                  d) tell your parasitic whore of an ex-wife that if she goes after any more money, you will shut down the company, not work, and she will get nothing.

These are just a few suggestions from a contractor who has just celebrated one month of being divorced.
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                    These are just a few suggestions from a contractor who has just celebrated one month of being divorced.
                    Did you divorce under French law, which I think is much more reasonable than UKs? Also, what about prenuptial agreements - I thought they were legal in France??!

Comment

Working...
                    X